Plot – Two gynecologists-researchers, Alexander Hesse and Larry Arbogast, are experimenting on monkeys the 'Espectane', a medicine that controls miscarriages. The project's director, Noah Banes, after the negative opinion of the government commission to experiment it over humans, fires them. Larry convinces Alex to try the Espectane on himself. so he subtracts an egg in his former lab, now managed by Dr. Diana Reddin, and implants it in Hesse's abdomen: his pregnancy will be discontinued after three months. In the meantime, a pharmaceutical company is interested in their project and has signed a contract, but Alex discovers the joys of pregnancy and wants to carry his pregnancy to term. This complicates his relationship with Diana as she discovers the implanted egg was one of her's, called Junior, she gets very angry. Alexander goes into labour and Banes convenes the press to take advantage, on behalf of the foundation, of the first male birth in history. Larry, taking advantage too of his ex-wife Angela's contemporary pregnancy, shows her to the reporters, allowing Alex to reach freely the delivery room, where he gives birth to a beautiful little boy. Meanwhile Angela gives birth to a girl with the help of her former husband and gynecologist and decides to get back with him. A year later, after Alex and Diana's wedding, Arbogast and Hesse families grant a seaside holiday and Angela talks about her fear to have another baby. Alex, in the general confusion, proposes Larry to be the "mother".
All actors – Arnold Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito, Emma Thompson, Frank Langella, Pamela Reed, Aida Turturro, James Eckhouse, Megan Cavanagh, Welker White, Kathleen Chalfant, Merle Kennedy, Judy Collinsshow all
“Junior” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Dr. Diana Reddin: What do you mean, what am I doing here? It's my baby, not yours!
- Dr. Larry Arbogast: Hey. I put it in there.
- Dr. Diana Reddin: It's my egg!
- Dr. Larry Arbogast: Yeah, just 'cause your egg's in some guy doesn't make you the mother!”
- Dr. Alex Hesse: I've noticed that the side effects of pregnancy are greatly amplified... With the dosage of Expectane that l've required. The morning sickness, the mood swings. Sleepiness, sexual appetite.
- Dr. Larry Arbogast: Sexual appetite?
- Dr. Alex Hesse: Yesterday, just scooping the middle out of a honeydew melon gave me a... a "Steifen".
“My nipples are very sensitive.”