Mel Gibson quotes
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?
- Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley: Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.”
“I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.”
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.
- 2nd Lt. Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Your heart is free. Learn to follow it.”
“I have long feared that my sins would return to visit me, and the cost is more than I can bear.”
“Do you like your chili with or without crushed Oreos?”
“- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): Remarks like that will not get you invited to Christmas dinner.
- Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon): My luck's changing for the better every day.”
“- John Smith: My men are planning to attack your people. You've got to warn them.
- Pocahontas: Maybe it's not to late to stop this, you have to come with me and talk to my father.
- John Smith: Pocahontas, talking isn't going to do any good. I already tried talking to my men, but everything about this land has been spooked.”
- Justin McLeod: I like privacy.
- Charles E. "Chuck" Norstadt: Well, what about living alone? Do you like that?
- Justin McLeod: It likes me.
- Gen. Lord Charles Cornwallis: Their names and ranks?
- Benjamin Martin: They refuse to give me their names, but the ranks are nine lieutenants, five captains, three majors, and one very fat colonel who called me a... "cheeky fellow".
“- Rocky: You see, over in America, we have this rule. If you want to motivate someone, don't - mention - death!
- Ginger: Funny; the rulehere is: always tell the truth.
- Rocky: Boy, that's been working like a real charm, hasn't it? Let me give you some free advice: you want them to perform? Tell them what they wanna hear.
- Ginger: You mean lie?”
“I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.”
“Not many people know what their life's worth is. I do. Seventy grand. That's what they took from me. And that's what I was going to get back.”
“- Martin Riggs: Biter has a psychology degree?
- Roger Murtaugh: More like a psycho degree.”
“I've seen things here that I could never possibly have imagined, and I've got a pretty broad imagination.”
“- Rev. Graham Hess: Come on, now, you're too old to be doing this. You get a glass of water, and leave it lying around instead of finishing it. Now what's wrong with this one?
- Bo Hess: It has dust in it.
- Rev. Graham Hess: And this one?
- Bo Hess: A hair.
- Rev. Graham Hess: And this one?
- Bo Hess: Morgan took a sip and it's got his amoebas...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I'll never forgive myself.
- Joe Galloway: For what, sir?
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: That my men died and I didn't.”
“What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd? Let's get the flock out of here!”
“There's way too much estrogen on television these days.”