Mel Gibson quotes
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?
- Sgt. Maj. Basil Plumley: Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.”
“I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.”
“- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.
- 2nd Lt. Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nobody wants me to quit. You know, don't quit, don't get caught, stay on top long enough for us to knock you off - I mean, that's the motto around here. Nobody wants me to quit. The cops want to bust me. The Colombians want my connections. My wife, she wants my money. Her lawyer agrees and mine likes getting paid to argue with him. Nobody wants...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Your heart is free. Learn to follow it.”
“I have long feared that my sins would return to visit me, and the cost is more than I can bear.”
“Maybe you don't get this, but when you die that's it! End of story, blackness. They stick you in a box, cover you up with dirt, don't even let you out for weekends.”
“- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Don't put Adams under the lash.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: He was insubordinate, cowardly and insubordinate, he frightened the men, I did not put that fear there, he did. So he will be lashed and we will go around the Horn. Are you frightened to go around the Horn, Mr. Christian? Are you a coward too, sir?”
“Fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... our freedom!”
“Do you like your chili with or without crushed Oreos?”
“- Roger Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon): Remarks like that will not get you invited to Christmas dinner.
- Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon): My luck's changing for the better every day.”
“- John Smith: My men are planning to attack your people. You've got to warn them.
- Pocahontas: Maybe it's not to late to stop this, you have to come with me and talk to my father.
- John Smith: Pocahontas, talking isn't going to do any good. I already tried talking to my men, but everything about this land has been spooked.”
- Justin McLeod: I like privacy.
- Charles E. "Chuck" Norstadt: Well, what about living alone? Do you like that?
- Justin McLeod: It likes me.
- Gen. Lord Charles Cornwallis: Their names and ranks?
- Benjamin Martin: They refuse to give me their names, but the ranks are nine lieutenants, five captains, three majors, and one very fat colonel who called me a... "cheeky fellow".
“- Rocky: You see, over in America, we have this rule. If you want to motivate someone, don't - mention - death!
- Ginger: Funny; the rulehere is: always tell the truth.
- Rocky: Boy, that's been working like a real charm, hasn't it? Let me give you some free advice: you want them to perform? Tell them what they wanna hear.
- Ginger: You mean lie?”
“I don't make things complicated. That's the way they get, all by themselves.”
“Not many people know what their life's worth is. I do. Seventy grand. That's what they took from me. And that's what I was going to get back.”