“Blast from the Past” quotes(1999)
Plot – 1962, Los Angeles. The Cuban crisis and the news about a possible nuclear war loom over and, considering these dangers - including a mysterious explosion near his home - the imaginative engineer Calvin Webber doesn't hesitate to lock himself and his pregnant wife Helen up in an atomic bunker. Here, Adam comes into the world and the family spends its existence. 35 years pass before Calvin decides that it is time to go to see what happens outside. When he returns back inside, he says it's too early to get out but then he has a heart attack, so Adam has to cope with Los Angeles of 1997. Old currency and baseball stickers make him meet Eva, a short-tempered blonde girl who can’t find a stable job. Adam asks Eve to work for him, to help him buy the things that his mother needs.
All actors – Brendan Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, Dave Foley, Joey Slotnick, Dale Raoul, Hayden Tank, Douglas Smith, Ryan Sparks, Don Yesso, Scott Thomsonshow all
“Blast from the Past” Quotes 12 quotes
“Manners are a way of showing other people we care about them.”
“- Eve: What kind of wife are you looking for?
- Adam: Oh um, well... one who's not a mutant.
- Eve: [laughs] No dogs, huh. Ok. Cool.”
“- Calvin: These are stock certificates. They denote ownership in a company.
- Adam age 11: Those look pretty. May I see them?
- Calvin: Sure. They are yours. Your mother and I bought these for you before you were born to give you some money to help you out in your adult years. Unfortunately, they are all worthless now.”
“- Calvin: Don't forget: stay out of the adult bookstore.
- Adam: Adult bookstore. Why?
- Calvin: Poison gas. Invisible.”
“Lying can be a very effective dating tool.”
“- Eve: So for four thousand dollars, all I have to do is drive you to your hotel?
- Adam: Uh-huh!
- Eve: That's it?
- Adam: Yes.
- Eve: And I don't have to take a physical in your spaceship?”
“- Calvin: There's a man who throws the ball to a man who has a bat.
- Adam Age 11: Oh! The nocturnal flying mammal?”
“- Eve: In the first place I do not fall in love with weirdos who I've only known for four or five days!
- Troy: Yes you do.
- Eve: And I don't fall in love with grown men who collect baseball cards!
- Troy: Yes you do.”
“- Adam: What do mean you can get me laid?
- Eve: Uh, can we talk about that a little later?
- Adam: Of course.
- Eve: Great.”