Germany quotes60 germany quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Zev Gutman: Did your father ever talk to you about Germany?
- John Kurlander: Are you kidding me? He never stopped talking about Germany.”
“Remember, just because the krauts are dumb doesn't mean that they're stupid.”
“I can't stand to hear that man talk! Half the time I don't even know what he's saying. 'This is not the end; it is possibly the beginning of the end, and it is certainly the end of the beginning': do you know what that means? If you ask me, the British should spend more time bombing Germany and less time drinking tea!”
“He doesn't speak English. If he does, it's with an accent thicker than sauerkraut sauce.”
“- Daxiat: This may sound strange coming from me, but I think your husband, Lucas Steiner, was wrong to leave France. The new anti-Israelite theater laws apply to spectators and profiteers. But your husband, Mme. Steiner, was a gem. He was the only Israelite theater director...
- Marion Steiner: You may say 'Jewish'.
- Daxiat: Yes. He was the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“On the evening of October 7, 1989 several hundred people got together for some evening exercise and marched for the right to go for walks without the Berlin Wall getting in their way.”
“- Coroner: I will not release this body without the correct information.
- Lorraine Broughton: It's a simple mistake.
- Coroner: Miss Lloyd, in Germany, we don't make simple mistakes.”
“Yesterday we fond 16,000 pieces of art in a copper mine. It seems the Germans take better care of their art than people.”
“After the war, we had very bad years in Germany. We got poorer and poorer. Every day retired officers or schoolteachers were caught shoplifting.”
“- Gustav Shank: Couldn't you have picked a better car?
- Himmel Shank: I thought you'd like it. It's German.
- Gustav Shank: Haven't you ever heard of BMW, idiot?”
“- Anne Frank: I hate them. The Germans. I wish they were dead. They won't stop until they've killed all the Jews!
- Otto Frank: Don't say that. There are good people and there are bad people, it doesn't matter where they come from. Miep and Mr. Klieman are Austrian, just like Hitler. Do you want them to die as well?
- Anne Frank: No.”
“I wish I could live in the shower. I'd take five a day if I had time. I went to this spa in Germany, a sanitarium practically, up on this mountain. The great thing: they just kept you wet, all day.”
“I think I understand unemployment in Germany much better now. People just can't afford to work here.”