Jennifer Jones quotes
“- Gwendolyn Chelm: I have a theory about you and your friends.
- Billy Dannreuther: Correction - my associates.
- Gwendolyn Chelm: As a matter of fact, I think you're doctors. Evil ones, I mean. You're going to the heart of the jungle where human life is cheap, to perform ghastly experiments which require the sacrifice of thousands on the altar...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Gwendolyn Chelm: Harry, we must beware of these men. They are desperate characters.
- Harry Chelm: What makes you say that?
- Gwendolyn Chelm: Not one of them looked at my legs!”
“- Pearl Chavez: Oh Vashti, why are you so slow?
- Vashti: I don't rightly know, Miss Pearl, except I always have so much to remember.”
“If I'm not good enough to marry, I'm not good enough to kiss.”
“Actually I never felt I would succeed on the screen. This I must face, I'm not the greatest beauty in the world.”
“- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: You will marry me when it's over, won't you, Jane? You won't be mad at me because I didn't marry you now?
- Jane Hilton: Of course I won't be mad. But you take care of yourself.”
“- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: I don't want to leave you!
- Jane Hilton: It won't be for long, darling.
- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: It might be for months, or for years, maybe.
- Jane Hilton: It doesn't matter. I'll be thinking about you all the time. Someday the war will be over, and then we can be...
- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: Then we can be married,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“My mother told me never explain, never complain. ”
“- Anne Hilton: When a man goes off to war, we have to be... the telegram came just a few minutesago. It was addressed to you, but I opened it.
- Jane Hilton: Did it say he was missing, or what? I don't care if he's wounded, I don't care what's happened to him, if only...
- Anne Hilton: No, dear, it said he... died in action at Salerno.”
“You are gentle, and there’s nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.”
“- Jane Hilton: You're fine and strong, but you're just sensitive, that's all.
- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: But don't you think I'm a failure after everything I've told you?
- Jane Hilton: A failure? Just because you're not an officer? Why, an officer I know, he said that you are the boys doing the fighting.”
“- Jane Hilton: His burns seem almost healed.
- Dr. Sigmund Gottlieb Golden: Yes, his burns, but the most seriousinjury - that, I'm afraid, will take more time.
- Jane Hilton: The injury to his mind? Is that what you mean?
- Dr. Sigmund Gottlieb Golden: No, not to his mind. To his confidence, in himself and in others.”
“Malice is a pleasant pastime for women with nothing to do.”
“Our gorgeous lie did not even last the night.”
“- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: You know it's because I wouldn't want you to be... you know, if anything happened to me...
- Jane Hilton: A widow, you mean.
- Cpl. Bill Smollett 2nd: Yes, but not only that. If something happened - I mean, if I was...
- Jane Hilton: If you were wounded? Bill, I'd take care of you the rest of our lives, always.”