The choices we make dictate the life we lead, ”to thine own self be true”.
“Renaissance Man” quotes(1994)
Plot – After losing his job in an advertising agency, Billy Rago finds another one as an English teacher in a barrack. He has to deal with students who have never been accustomed to study. Billy has an idea: making them revive the 'Hamlet' play, and the result is a success.
All actors – Danny DeVito, Gregory Hines, James Remar, Ed Begley Jr., Lillo Brancato, Stacey Dash, Kadeem Hardison, Richard T. Jones, Khalil Kain, Peter Simmons, Gregory Sporleder, Mark Wahlbergshow all
“Renaissance Man” Quotes 7 quotes
“He wrote plays. Plays? You know, like TV without the box.”
“- Bill Rago: Write why you're here.
- Pvt. Donnie Benitez: This is where they told us to be.
- Bill Rago: No, no. Write about the magical twist of fate that prompted you to gravitate towards this institute of imbeciles.
- Pvt. Jamaal Montgomery: What?
- Bill Rago: Write why you joined the Army!”
“- MP Directing Traffic: Look, here's what you do. You go right here. Take another right at the P.X. Go half a click until you see the D.P.T.M. Center. Then take a left.
- Bill Rago: P.M., P.X.
- MP Directing Traffic: If you hit the R.F.P.C., you've gone too far.
- Bill Rago: D.P.T.M., R.F.P.C. Can I buy a vowel?”
“I've never taught before and you've never thought before. So good luck to all of us.”
- Pvt. Jamaal Montgomery: You can't say that. That is a diss. I ain't no ox moron.
- Bill Rago: No, no, no not “ox moron”, schmuck! Oxymoron.
“Hamlet's mother she's the queen, buys it in the final scene, drinks a glass of funky wine, now she's Satan's Valentine.”