Poetry quotes91 poetry quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Good order, very precise, feeling of the unknown. Fine poetry is the music of mathematics, numbers, singing. You have to look behind the words to understand their meaning.”
“- Pete Sandich: Love! Ain't what it used to be.
- Al Yackey: Oh there's only ever been two kinds: There's lash fires, which are all flame, burn themselves out and leave nothing. Then there's the long burning. That is nature's burn. Even when you think it's out, the forest floor is warm to the touch. That's the kind you and Dorinda got.
- Pete...” (continue)(continue reading)
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say "What?".
“It's you who I want to step to my scene, ‘cause rather the deal with the fallacy... of this dry-ass reality... I'd rather dance and romance your sweet ass in a wet dream. Who am I? Well, they call me Brother to the night. And right now I'm the blues in your left thigh... trying to become the funk in your right. Is that all right?”
“I'm an unspeakable of the Oscar Wilde sort.”
“Solitude never hurt anyone. Emily Dickinson lived alone, and she wrote some of the most beautiful poetry the world has ever known... then went crazy as a loon.”
“I am not stupid. I read poetry.”
“- Constance Petersen: I think the greatest harm done the human race has been done by the poets.
- Anthony Edwardes: Oh, poets are dull boys, most of them, but not especially fiendish.
- Constance Petersen: They keep filling people's heads with delusions about love... writing about it as if it were a symphony orchestra or a flight of angels.”
- I'm Only Creative When I Smoke Smoker: Would you like to hear some of my poetry?
- Thurgood Jenkins: Not really, no.
- I'm Only Creative When I Smoke Smoker: You really should. "I have killed. I have helped kill. I have killed part of myself. I cannot change this. I... I must seek Buddha. I must seek Christ".
- Thurgood Jenkins: You must seek... (continue)(continue reading)
- Hector: "Happy is England, sweet her artless daughters; enough their simple loveliness for me". Keats.
- Crowther: Oh! We won't be examined on that, though, will we, sir?
- Hector: Keats?
- Crowther: Happiness.
“- Becky: I love the sky. It's so limitless.
- Gilbert: It is big. It's very big.
- Becky: Big doesn't even sum it up, right? That word big is so small.”
“- Timms: I don't always understand poetry!
- Hector: You don't always understand it? Timms, I never understand it. But learn it now, know it now and you will understand it... whenever.”
- Becker: "When he's best, he's a little worse than a man, and when he's worst, he's little better than a beast".
- Hendricksson: Oh, that's real good, Becker. I never knew they put Shakespeare in comic books.