“Rich and Famous” quotes(1981)
Plot – Merry Noel escapes with a guy to California. Her best friend Liz promises her they will see each other again. In fact they meet ten years after in Hollywood, where Merry Noel leads a worldly life with her boring husband, while Liz has become a successful writer. Merry Noel wants to hit the big time too so she publishes her diary about her neighbors' frivolities, becoming famous indeed but still longing for Liz's successes. At the end, the two women find themselves alone during a melancholy New Year's Eve, finding back their past friendship.
All actors – Jacqueline Bisset, Candice Bergen, David Selby, Hart Bochner, Steven Hill, Meg Ryan, Matt Lattanzi, Daniel Faraldo, Nicole Eggert, Joe Maross, Kres Mersky, Cloyce Morrow, Cheryl Robinson, Allan Warnick, Ann Risley, Damion Scheller, Haley Fox, Fay Kanin, Tara Simpson, Herb Graham, Charlotte Moore, William G. Schilling, John Perkins, Herbert Bress, Alan Berliner, Don Bachardy, Ruth Storey, Marsha A. Hunt, Christopher Isherwood, Pola Miller, Paul Morrissey, Jennifer Nairn-Smith, Karen Somerville, Roger Vadim, Sandra Smith Allyn, Frances Bergen, Ray Bradbury, Ellen Brill, Gwen Davis, Frank De Felitta, Michael Dewell, Nina Foch, Elizabeth Forsythe-Hailey, Oliver Hailey, Randal Kleiser, Gavin Lambert, Michael Brandon, Dick Cavett, Merv Griffin, Betty Keeney, Dack Ramboshow all
“Rich and Famous” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Douglas Blake: All the times we've been back here, I've never seen you in the kitchen.
- Liz Hamilton: I don't go in the kitchen the roaches talk about me.”
“She's eighteen. In this city that's old enough for a Martini.”
“- Merry Noel Blake: You, darling Aunt Liz. After whom my daughter has chosen to craft her formative years. You no doubt find it amusing her little affair with a car thief.
- Liz Hamilton: He stole a car?
- Merry Noel Blake: He's addicted to the practice.
- Merry Noel Blake: Hmmm... maybe he can get me a Mercedes...
- Liz Hamilton: I'm sure Debby...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Liz Hamilton: I am sick and fucking tired of you trying to live your life through my skin!
- Merry Noel Blake: Hah! If I had your skin I'd take better care of it!”
“I find this mid-century obsession with young flesh obscene! It's like eating green cantaloupes!”
“- Merry Noel Blake: I don't want you to tell me any lies, Liz.
- Liz Hamilton: Don't worry. I have to get sleep before I can tell a believable lie.”
“- Merry Noel Blake: How many men have you had?
- Liz Hamilton: Is that the test?
- Merry Noel Blake: How many?
- Liz Hamilton: How many before you're a slut?
- Merry Noel Blake: Three!
- Liz Hamilton: 'Better kick me out of the yard.”