Candice Bergen quotes
“I may not be a great actress but I've become the greatest at screen orgasms. Ten seconds of heavy breathing, roll your head from side to side, simulate a slight asthma attack and die a little.”
“You're the only man I know who makes his own clothes.”
“Hollywood is like Picasso's bathroom.”
“- Mahatma Gandhi: You're a temptress.
- Margaret Bourke-White: Just an admirer!
- Mahatma Gandhi: Nothing is more dangerous, especially for an old man.”
“Dreams are, by definition, cursed with short life spans.”
“Men say they love independence in a woman, but they don't waste a
second demolishing it brick by brick.”
“Don't be bitter, Mary... It leads to Botox.”
“- Mayor Kate Hennings: [smacks a mosquito] One down, a six million to go.
- Earl Smooter: Careful, you just killed the state bird of Alabama!”
“There is nothing wrong with poor people. I get elected by poor people.”
“She's eighteen. In this city that's old enough for a Martini.”
“- Merry Noel Blake: You, darling Aunt Liz. After whom my daughter has chosen to craft her formative years. You no doubt find it amusing her little affair with a car thief.
- Liz Hamilton: He stole a car?
- Merry Noel Blake: He's addicted to the practice.
- Merry Noel Blake: Hmmm... maybe he can get me a Mercedes...
- Liz Hamilton: I'm sure Debby...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Liz Hamilton: I am sick and fucking tired of you trying to live your life through my skin!
- Merry Noel Blake: Hah! If I had your skin I'd take better care of it!”
“- Margaret Bourke-White: So you really are going to Pakistan then? You are a stubborn man.
- Mahatma Gandhi: I'm simply going to prove to Hindus here and Muslims there that the only devils in the world are those running around in our own hearts. And that is where all our battles ought to be fought.
- Margaret Bourke-White: So what kind of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kathy Morningside: New Jersey, as you know, there are many who consider the Miss United States Pageant to be outdated and anti-feminist. What would you say to them?
- Gracie Hart: Well, I would have to say: I used to be one of them. And then I came here and I realized that these women are smart, terrific people who are just trying to make a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Merry Noel Blake: I don't want you to tell me any lies, Liz.
- Liz Hamilton: Don't worry. I have to get sleep before I can tell a believable lie.”
“- Merry Noel Blake: How many men have you had?
- Liz Hamilton: Is that the test?
- Merry Noel Blake: How many?
- Liz Hamilton: How many before you're a slut?
- Merry Noel Blake: Three!
- Liz Hamilton: 'Better kick me out of the yard.”
“- Margaret Bourke-White: There's a sadness about him.
- Mirabehn: He thinks he's failed.
- Margaret Bourke-White: Why? If anything's proven him right, it's these last months.
- Mirabehn: I may be blinded by my love for him. But I believe, when we most needed it, he offered the world a way out of madness. But he doesn't see it. Neither does the...” (continue)(continue reading)