Meg Ryan quotes
“- Michael Green: I love her. And I tried everything, except really listening, really listening, and that's how I left her alone. I was so ashamed of that, and I couldn't even tell her. Maybe if I tell her she'd love me anyway.
- Alice Green: Or more. She would have loved you even more. I think you should tell all this stuff to your wife.”
“- Pamela Courson: Don't you believe in doors?
- Jim Morrison: A waste of time.”
“The odd thing about this form of communication is that you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.”
“- Kate: Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country? Don't you think that's incredible? To come up with four hundred and fifty-two ways of classifying what is basically a bacterial process?
- Luc Teyssier: You would prefer one cheese? One cheeseburger to put it on and one restaurant to eat...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I heard that chivalry was dead, but I think it's just got a bad flue.”
“When I buy a new book, I read the last page first. That way, in case I die before I finish, I know how it ends.”
“Every man on earth has his leaving step. If my husband had been a small man, he would not have been able to leave me. But he was a large man, and stepped over me as I slept, one great stride.”
“Maybe that whole love thing is just a grown-up version of Santa Claus; just a myth we've been fed since childhood. So, we keep buyingmagazines, joining clubs, and doing therapy and watchingmovies with hit pop songs played over love montages all in a pathetic attempt to explain why our love Santa keeps getting caught in the chimney.”
“- Tommy Lucero: Your eyes... your eyes don't lie, do they?
- Martha Durand: Life's too short for lies.”
“- Donna Caldwell: Say something.
- Jay Austin: What?
- Donna Caldwell: That's a start.”
“Don't you just love New York in the fall?”
“You're afraid of the commitment? You're gonna have to love and honor me for about 30 seconds.”
“- Tommy Lucero: So... Am I gonna see you again?
- Martha Durand: That all depends on you.”
“- Harry Burns: Some faceless guy rips off all your clothes, and that's the sex fantasy you've been having since you were twelve?
- Sally Albright: Well, sometimes I vary it a little.
- Harry Burns: Which part?
- Sally Albright: What I'm wearing.”
“It's horrifying how much you can hate yourself for being low and weak and he couldn't save me from that. So I turned it on him; I tried to empty it onto him. But there was always more, you know. When he tried to help I told him that he made me feel small and worthless. But nobody makes us feel that, we do that for ourselves. I shut him out...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I just wanted to spend the night with you, not eternity!”
“Things don't happen for a reason. They just happen.”
“- James Moreland: I mean, it's not as if he has never shown signs of normal intelligence.
- Catherine Boyd: Think of that! Nuclear fusion.
- James Moreland: I suppose these things happen. Idiot-savant, you know. A mental patient plays perfect chess. A nine year old from Alabama suddenly starts speaking in iambic pentameter...”
“- Kate: What was that? That sounded important.
- Luc Teyssier: The pilot said there is a crack in the engine, but not to worry, he'll take off anyway.”
“- Mary Haines: What is she doing?
- Maggie: Well, she says she doesn't want to be a woman.”
“Men are such babies.”
“- Anastasia: You think you're gonna miss it?
- Dimitri: Miss what? Your talking?
- Anastasia: No! Russia.
- Dimitri: Nope.
- Anastasia: But it was your home.
- Dimitri: It was a place I once lived. End of story.”
“- Kathleen Kelly: Why did you stop by again? I forget.
- Joe Fox: I wanted to be your friend.
- Kathleen Kelly: Oh.
- Joe Fox: I knew it wasn't... possible. What can I say, sometimes a guy just wants the impossible.”