Obsession quotes41 obsession quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Det. John Mackey: And what if it wasn't an accident?
- Selena St. George: Look. It's been 18 years. I don't know what this has done to you, but let me tell you, it's consumed me. I have lived with this every day of my life. Every day. I was wrong and I won't do it anymore. And if I can say that, my God, can't you?”
“Obsession is a young man's game, and my only excuse is that I never grew old.”
“Of all human weaknesses, obsession is the most dangerous, and the silliest!”
“You want to find the number 216 in the world, you will be able to find it everywhere. 216 steps from a mere street corner to your front door. 216 seconds you spend riding on the elevator. When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.”
“You tend to get paranoid when everyone around you gets dead.”
“- Melanie Parker: Your Peter Pan complex is so 90's.
- Jack Taylor: What Peter Pan complex?
- Melanie Parker: The one you're so proud of.
- Jack Taylor: Do you have any friends?
- Melanie Parker: I don't have time for friends.
- Jack Taylor: That's because of your Captain Hook complex.”
“- Aggie Rockwell: You can't have a nympho do a porno, because then it wouldn't be acting, it would be real.
- Dwayne Hanson: That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.”
Jeff, look at your life. You have nothing. No job. No love. No peace of mind. You've been searching for three years, at what point do you finally say to yourself "I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and miraculously know what happened"?
This world has been so heavy with all the right-to-lifers - "protect the lives of the unborn"; constitutional amendments - "when does life begin?"; or the converse, the end of life: the right to die. Why is life at this point in the twentieth century so focused upon the very beginning of life and the very end of life? What about the 80 years we... (continue)(continue reading)
“Garbage. All I've been thinking about all week is garbage. I mean, I just can't stop thinking about it.”
“It's a male myth about feminists that we hate sex. It can be a natural, zesty enterprise. But unfortunately there are some people - it is called satyriasis in men, nymphomania in women - who engage in it compulsively and without joy. Yes, Mr. Lebowski, these unfortunate souls cannot love in the true sense of the word.”
“- Jim Hawkins: Silver, you gave up...?
- John Silver: Just a lifelong obsession, Jimbo. I'll get over it.”
“- Dave Mullen: Chester, I just want to win today. I only want the best out there.
- Chester Lee: The best, the best. That's all I keep hearing. You want to be the best. Let me ask you this, what good is being the best if it brings out the worst in you?”
“Nina, I cursed you. I hated you. I tore up all your letters and photographs, but every minute I was conscious that my soul was bound to yours forever. I can never stop loving you. Ever since I lost you, my life has been unbearable. I'm miserable. I call to you, I kiss the ground you walked on. Wherever I look, I see your face. I am alone. I've...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I just don't get it! She seems totally uninterested in me, despite my smothering obsessiveness!”
“- Rita Baker: She's gone, Jeff. She's gone. You may never know how or why, you just have to learn to accept that.
- Jeff Harriman: If Diane were here right now, I'd ask you to marry me. But the truth is, if I could turn back the clock to that day at the gas station just once, I would. Just to find out.”
“I had this friend once... He had this desire, this obsession... to return to his mother's womb. And one day that obsession became a reality.”