Clark Gable quotes
“The guy's good. There's nobody in the business who can touch him and you're a fool to try. And the bastard knows it.”
“The only reason they come to see me is that I know life is great — and they know I know it.”
“I am paid not to think.”
“I'm no actor and I never have been. What people see on the screen is me.”
“Aren’t they beautiful? And I’ve had every one of them.”
“She didn’t want to be famous. She wanted to be happy.”
“Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.”
“It is an extra dividend when you like the girl you've fallen in love with.”
“Everything Marilyn does is different from any other woman, strange and exciting, from the way she talks to the way she uses that magnificent torso.”
“Most executives at the big studios have no guts — they're so busy holding on to their jobs they never stick their necks out. Know how [Ernst] Lubitsch found out the other day that he was no longer head of Paramount?”
“I almost wish you were coming with me, not only because I'm grateful for being around you but because I'd get to show Gabby over just what made me go haywire.”
“You hate hard, baby, so you love hard.”
“- Bligh: Mr. Christian, I give you your last chance to return to duty.
- Christian: I'll take my chance against the law. You'll take yours against the sea.”
“- Rhett Butler - Visitor from Charleston: Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?
- Scarlett - Their Daughter: Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean.”
“- Andrews: Do you love my daughter?
- Peter: Any guy that'd fall in love with your daughter ought to have his head examined.”
“- Peter: Why didn't you take off all your clothes? You could have stopped forty cars.
- Ellie: I'll remember that when we need forty cars.”
- "Candy" Johnson: We're gonna play a little game called committing suicide.
- Brazos Hearn: What are the rules?
- "Candy" Johnson: One of us shoots himself.
- Brazos Hearn: And the other?
- "Candy" Johnson: Laughs his sides off.
“I'm not distorting the truth. I'm heightening the composition.”
“- Jack Thornton: Did I ever tell you about my grandpa? Died when he was a hundred and six.
- Bartender: What interrupted his youth?
- Jack Thornton: He quit drinking.”
“You're prettier than a little white kitten with a blue ribbon on it.”