“Superman IV: The Quest for Peace” quotes(1987)
Plot – Superman has returned to Earth to save it from a nuclear war. He participates to a UN assembly and declares he will destroy all nuclear missiles to avoid a global conflict. His archenemy Lex Luthor wants to prevent him and prepares a diabolical plan. Luthor creates a creature with the same features of Superman and calls it 'Nuclear Man', who's as evil as Luthor.
All actors – Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Jackie Cooper, Marc McClure, Jon Cryer, Sam Wanamaker, Mark Pillow, Mariel Hemingway, Margot Kidder, Damian McLawhorn, William Hootkins, Jim Broadbentshow all
“Superman IV: The Quest for Peace” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Superman: I know I'm forbidden to interfere... and yet the Earth is threatened by the same fate as Krypton's.
- 1st Elder: The Earth is too primitive. You can flee to new worlds, where war is long forgotten.
- 2nd Elder: If you teach the Earth to put its fate in any one man, even yourself, you're teaching them to be betrayed.”
“- Superman: You'd risk world wide nuclear war for your own personal financial gain.
- Lex Luthor: Nobody wants war. I just want to keep the threat alive.”
“Lenny, I've always considered you the Dutch Elm disease in my family tree.”
“There will be peace when the people of the world, want it so badly, that their governments will have no choice but to give it to them. I just wish you could all see the Earth the way that I see it. Because when you really look at it, it's just one world.”
“You gotta go with your gut.”
- Superman: You've broken all the laws of man, Luthor. It looks as though you've broken all the laws of nature, too. I can only assume you must have hidden a device of some kind on one of the missiles I hurled into the sun.
- Lex Luthor: You know, "Mr. Muscle", I'm really gonna miss these little chats we had together. You're the only one that... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lex Luthor: Is the world gonna be vaporized?
- Superman: No. It's the same as it's always been, Luthor. On the brink. With good fighting evil. See you in twenty.”
“I'd want to tell him that I cherished the time we spent together, and I never expected anything from him. Even if I only saw him for a few moments, it made me happy. And I'd want to tell him that I love him and that I'll always love him. And... no matter what happens on this world, I know he tried his best to help us.”