“The Rocketeer” quotes(1991)
Plot – Cliff Secord is a young rider who accidentally finds a package with a strange missile-shaped device which allows men to fly. Cliff is excited and uses it in daring stunts and in emergency situations. Then he learns FBI and a gang of criminals are interested in it too. The criminals are commissioned by a well-known actor, Neville Sinclair, who's a devious individual flying over Los Angeles.
All actors – Billy Campbell, Jennifer Connelly, Alan Arkin, Timothy Dalton, Paul Sorvino, Terry O'Quinn, Ed Lauter, James Handy, Robert Miranda, John Lavachielli, Jon Polito, Eddie Jonesshow all
“The Rocketeer” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Cliff: Jenny, prepare yourself for a shock: I'm the Rocketeer.
- Jenny: The Rocke-who?
- Cliff: For crying out loud, haven't you read the papers?
- Jenny: No, I've been working all day.”
“- Cliff: I don't want to keep it, I just want to borrow it for a while.
- Peevy: Clifford, when you borrow something and you don't tell nobody, they call that stealing, you know.”
“- Howard Hughes: How did it feel, strapping that thing to your back and flying like a bat out of hell?
- Cliff: It's the closest I'll ever get to heaven.”
“Why don't you stick that welding torch in my ear, and call it the end of a perfect day?”
“- Cliff: How do I look?
- Peevy: Like a hood ornament.”
“What's it like working for a Nazi, Eddie? Does he pay you in dollars or Deutschmarks?”
“- Peevy: You got a good thing goin' on with that girl, Clifford. And I'm tellin' you right now, if she flies the coop, it's gonna be your fault.
- Cliff: What do you know about women, Peev? You haven't had a date since 1932.
- Peevy: Flora Maxwell. There wasn't any point datin' nobody after her.”
“- Mrs. Pye: You know my rules: no gentlemen allowed inside after 6 PM.
- Cliff: But I'm not a gentleman.
- Mrs. Pye: You're telling me.”
“- Cliff: Where's your stuntman now, Sinclair?
- Neville Sinclair: I do my own stunts!”
“It cost a man's life to get this out of Germany.”
“Acting is acting like you're not acting, so act, but don't act like you're acting.”
"Film fans were saddened by the news that actor Neville Sinclair was killed in a tragedy when flaming debris fell on his touring car". That's terrible! That was a nice car.
“Do you have to drug all your women to seduce them? You're part of this. You kidnapped me.”
“- Jenny: Everything about you is a lie.
- Neville Sinclair: It wasn't lies, Jenny. It was acting.”