Instinct quotes71 instinct quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.”
“When your head says one thing and your whole life says another, your head always loses.”
“Dr. Jaquith says that tyranny is sometimes expression of the maternal instinct. If that's a mother's love, I want no part of it.”
“To live is to love. All reasons against it. All instincts for it.”
“I want so much to make things right but every instinct in my body is telling me to be careful. What you don’t know can hurt you.”
“Good instincts are earned by making mistakes.”
“- Agent H: What do you think? Press the red button? I think it’s hyperdrive.
- Agent M: No, no, no. I think hyperdrive is blue.
- Agent H: Well, you know, sometimes you have to trust your gut.
- Agent M: My gut, not yours!”
“- Jim Stone: [indicating bail statement for $200,000 cash] What do you think?
- Jim's Father: Well, I think there's a lot more to making a cop than just paper.
-Jim Stone: Yes, but I just thought it was unusual.
- Jim's Father: It is ... You know, a good cop is going to look at it and know exactly what to do.”
- Patti: Think of your inner voice.
- Frances: Inner voice: ”What the fuck am I doing on a gay tour of Tuscany?”.
“I always tell actors when they go in for an audition: Don't be afraid to do what your instincts tell you. You may not get the part, but people will take notice.”
“Even before I met you I had an instinct about you. Once I saw you were a woman with profound static cling I wanted to be that force around you.”
“- Francine: What are they doing? Why do they come here?
- Stephen: Some kind of instinct. Memory of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives.”
“- Jason Bourne: Who has a safety deposit box full of money and six passports and a gun? Who has a bank account number in their hip? I come in here, and the first thing I'm doing is I'm catching the sightlines and looking for an exit.
- Marie: I see the exit sign, too. I'm not worried. I mean, you were shot. People do all kinds of weird and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mr. Ray: Migration is about going home.
- Dory: Home.
- Mr. Ray: Which is where you’re from.
- Nemo: How do the stingrays all know where to go?
- Mr. Ray: Instinct, something deep inside you that feels so familiar that you have to listen to it.”
“Every bird instinct I have says don't follow a dog on wheels.”
“I like to improvise. It's like playing Jazz.”
“A machine doesn't improvise well because you cannot program a fear of death. Our survival instinct is our greatest source of inspiration.”