Profit quotes39 profit quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“They won't go over there and pick up our buddies and bring 'em back home, because there's no gain in it. You and I know that the books are still in the red. And the politicians know, too. The same politicians that never lost a single son in Vietnam - not one.”
“I'm a prophet against profit!”
“Mr. Kroc, if you're not making money hand over fist, something's terribly wrong.”
“- Ray Kroc: Look, if you don't wanna make a profit, that's fine. But don't stop the rest of us.
- Dick McDonald: Us?
- Ray Kroc: Us, as in everyone but you.”
“Lesbians equals ratings.”
“- Superman: You'd risk world wide nuclear war for your own personal financial gain.
- Lex Luthor: Nobody wants war. I just want to keep the threat alive.”
“- Mike Michaelson: The show has generated enormous revenues now equivalent to the gross national product of a small country.
- Christof: People forget it takes the population of an entire country to keep the show running.
- Mike Michaelson: Since the show is on 24 hours a day without commercial interruption, all those staggering revenues are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're the beneficiary of the cruelest kind of murder... murder for profit!”
“I always figured it was talent made a man big, you know, if I was the best at something. I mean, we're the guys they come to see. Without us, there ain't a ballgame. Yeah, but look at who's holding the money and look at who's facing a jail cell. Talent don't mean nothing. And where's Comiskey and Sullivan, Attell, Rothstein? Out in the back room...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm not an innovator like you, Phil. I'm an adapter, and to that end, I have profited from your ideas.”
“- Nico Toscani: War is still the greatest business, huh Nelson? I mean, these guys have financed and started every war we've ever fought. But you know something, nobody would believe me if I told them the bankers run the C.I.A.
- Nelson Fox: Oh, come on Toscani. Don't preach to me.
- Nico Toscani: So, the Senator couldn't be bought, could he? He...” (continue)(continue reading)