Atomic bomb quotes97 atomic bomb quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: WarGames
“- Stephen Falken: The whole point was to find a way to practicenuclear war without destroying ourselves. To get the computers to learn from mistakes we couldn't afford to make. Except, I never could get Joshua to learn the most important lesson.
- David Lightman: What's that?
- Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Terminator 2: Judgment Day
“Fucking men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death and destruction.”
- From the movie: Dr. Strangelove
“Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.”
- From the movie: Broken Arrow
“- Giles Prentice: A Broken what?
- Secretary of Defense Baird: Broken Arrow. It's a Class 4 Strategic Theatre Emergency. It's what we call it when we lose a nuclear weapon.
- Giles Prentice: I don't know what's scarier, losing nuclear weapons, or that it happens so often there's actually a term for it.”
- From the movie: The Ninth Configuration
- From the movie: Empire of the Sun
Learned a new word today. "Atom bomb". It was like the God taking a photograph.
Listen to me. I know this, too. It will happen again. 200,000 dead, 80,000 wounded in nine seconds. Those are official figures. It will happen again. It will be 10,000 degrees on the earth. "Ten thousand suns," they will say. The asphalt will burn. A deep chaos will prevail. A whole city will be raised and once more crumble into ashes.
“Four times at the museum in Hiroshima. I saw people walking around. People walking, thoughtful, past the photographs and reconstructions, for lack of anything else. Photographs, photographs and reconstructions, for lack of anything else. Explanations, for lack of anything else. Four times at the museum in Hiroshima. I looked at the people. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Thirteen Days
“If we permit the introduction of nuclear missiles to a Soviet satellite nation in our hemisphere, the diplomaticconsequences will be too terrible to contemplate. The Russians are trying to show the world they can do whatever they want, wherever they want, and we're powerless to stop them. If they succeed...”
- From the movie: Black Dawn
“You see, in this business... the keys to the kingdom is weapons-grade plutonium.”
- From the movie: The Sum of All Fears
“- President Nemerov: I ordered no such attack. You must not respond to this action until we have investigated all possibilities.
- President Fowler: Like you did in Chechnya? Mr. President, who is in control of your armed forces?
- President Nemerov: You dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. You dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. Do not lecture me on Chechnya!”
- From the movie: Innerspace
“Nuclear weapons, Jack. They mean nothing. Everybody's got 'em, nobody has the balls to use 'em. Am I right?”
- From the movie: RED 2
- From the movie: Emperor
“Japan has surrendered, brought to its knees by the most terrible weapon ever devised: the atomic bomb. The country is a smoking ruin.”
- From the movie: The Living Daylights
“- Q: We packed the finder with a highly concentrated plastic explosive. Sufficient to remove a door of any safe. Its magnetic. The actuating signal is personalized.
- James Bond: What's my code?
- Q: Most appropriate: A wolf whistle.”
- From the movie: The Day After
What do you think is going to happen out there? You think we're going to sweep up the dead and fill in a couple of holes and build some supermarkets? You think all those people left alive out there are going to say, "Oh, I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault. Let's kiss and make up"? We knew the score. We knew all about bombs, we knew all about fallout.... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the animation: Akira
“Amoebas don't make motorcycles and atomic bombs!”
- From the movie: Whoops Apocalypse
“You think that nuclear war is unthinkable because once it starts, no-one can win. Well, you're wrong!”
- From the movie: Superman II
- Perry White: These guys claim that if the French government doesn't meet their demands, they've got a hydrogen bomb ready to level Paris.
- Clark Kent: Well, jeepers Mr. White. That's terrible!
- Perry White: That's why they call them "terrorists", Kent.
- From the movie: Thirteen Days
- From the movie: Godzilla 1985
- From the movie: The Interview
“You know what's more destructive than a nuclear bomb?... Words.”