Savages quotes34 savages quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Half of me is the Earl of Greystoke... the other half is wild!”
“Somewhere between five hundred and a thousand songs. Right in your pocket. Because I can't stand looking at that ridiculous Walkman anymore. You're carrying around a brick playing a cassette tape. We're not savages.”
“He's a wild creature. We can't ask him to be anything else.”
“We are all savages.”
“- Old Priest: The savages did this to me.
- Laforgue: The indians? Why?
- Old Priest: They are uncivilized, just as the English or Germans were before we came to them.”
“The savages live in outer darkness. We must convert them. What more glorious task than that?”
“- Brother Buyl: You treat Christians equally with heathen savages. What do you offer in return?
- Columbus: A New World, Buyl.”
“- Martin Arlington: So, your lady turned you down for a sort of a wild man from Borneo, eh? It's a bit fantastic, isn't it? A well bred English girl living in the treetops with a glorified native ape man.
- Harry Holt: Tarzan's as white as we are.”
“You get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become. You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember.”
“- Laforgue: What can we say to people who think that dreams are the real world; this one is an illusion. Perhaps they're right.
- Daniel: Farewell, Father Laforgue.
- Laforgue: No farewells. Not in this land. And no greetings, no names. The forests speak. The dead talk at night. God bless you both.”
“Never would your father take barbarians as friends or ask us to fight with them as equals in war. Are we not good enough any longer? I remember a time when we could talk as men, strait to the eye, none of this scraping and groveling. I remember a time when we hunted, when we wrestled on the gymnasium floor. And now you kiss them? Take a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheriff Hank Keough: I told you two days we'd have to camp.
- Kelly Scott: Yes! Camp! But I thought that meant Ramada Inn. I never heard tents! Will there be toilets?
- Jack Wells: Maybe we should just take you back.
- Kelly Scott: Why? Because I prefer toilets? Maybe I should just wipe myself with some leafy little piece of poison oak. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Lord, why is Fr. Jerome with you in Heaven, while Chomina lies forever in utter darkness? Help me.”
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: I have done no more than any natural man would do.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: No, you've done no more than any wild animal would do. It always makes me laugh that whenever men lose their self-restraint they always say they're "natural".
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: They are more natural than men who... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lon: This place gives me the creeps. Savages could be hiding anywhere.
- Ben: Aye, well if you spot one, don't ask questions, just shoot.”
“Look at those we've conquered. They leave their dead unburied, they smash their enemies skulls and drink them as dust, they mate in public! How can they think, or sing, or write when none can read? But as Alexander's army they could go where they never thought possible. They can soldier, or work in the cities.”
“And so I grew from colt to stallion, as wild and as reckless as thunder over the land. Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind. Flying? There were times I believed I could.”
“- Lieutenant William Bligh: I'm no longer surprised myself now that I see the example that's being set by my first officer. Just look at yourself, man, look at the way you're dressed. Come on, you're no better than one of these natives.
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Well, at least I am no worse.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: Mr. Christian, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Father Jerome: Our only hope is that - some believe that baptism will cure their fever. If they ask for baptism, we must have a great public ceremony at once.
- Laforgue: Fr. Jerome, shouldn't we - I mean, mustn't they understand our faith before accepting it?
- Father Jerome: Understand? But they are in danger of death, and we are offering...” (continue)(continue reading)