“Testament of Youth” quotes(2014)
Plot – Vera Brittain would like to study at Oxford. Moreover, she meets Roland Leighton and falls for him. Then the World War I changes everything. The guys leave for the front and Vera decides to leave too as a volunteer nurse. She works tirelessly and experiences the pain of the war. When she returns home, she's deeply changed but still determined to follow her dreams.
All actors – Alicia Vikander, Taron Egerton, Colin Morgan, Dominic West, Emily Watson, Kit Harington, Joanna Scanlan, Miranda Richardson, Rachel Redford, Nicholas Farrell, Daisy Waterstone, Nicholas Le Prevostshow all
“Testament of Youth” Quotes 12 quotes
“At college, more than anywhere else, one was likely to make the friendships that supported one through life.”
“What you have striven for will not end in nothing, all that you have done and been will not be wasted, for it will be a part of me as long as I live, and I shall remember, always.”
“Perhaps... Perhaps some day the sun will shine again, and I shall see that still the skies are blue, and feel one more I do not live in vain, although bereft of you.”
“- Vera Brittain: Please, I'd rather be by myself.
- Roland Leighton: It's the books I'm worried about. I've never seen anyone beat them up that way.”
“I shall never be afraid to confront the real. The imagined holds far greater terror for me.”
“- Mr. Brittain: Vera, come back and apologise now. If you can't show me the respect I deserve, then at least show some for our guests.
- Vera Brittain: I don't want a piano. You knew I didn't want one and still you bought it. I won't be bullied by you.
- Mr. Brittain: Oh, I buy her the most expensive gift of her life, but no, I'm bullying.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Roland Leighton: When we're at Oxford, we'll be able to see each other every day.
- Vera Brittain: I'll be concentrating on my work.
- Roland Leighton: Well, you'll need fresh air, surely. And a chaperone.”