Criticism quotes77 criticism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
How are you to imagine anything if the images are always provided for you? Doublethink. To deliberately believe in lies, while knowing they're false. Examples of this in everyday life: "Oh, I need to be pretty to be happy. I need surgery to be pretty. I need to be thin, famous, fashionable." Our young men today are being told that women are... (continue)(continue reading)
“If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.”
“- Bruce Banner: Tony, this might not be the time.
- Tony Stark: Really? That's it? You just rollover, show your belly, every time somebody snarls?
- Bruce Banner: Only when I've created a murder bot.”
“- Ben: Dad?
- Chet: Yes, Ben?
- Ben: Does this mean we won't be getting Christmas presents this year from Aunt Kate and Uncle Roman?
- Buck: Oh, blow it out of your ass, Ben!
- Connie: Okay, nobody is blowing anything out of their ass. What we are having is a little problem, and it doesn't mean your father and I don't love your Aunt Kate and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You bitch! Why didn't you just tell me it was a Rum and Coke?!”
From a Marine in Da Nang: "Captain Hauk sucks the sweat off of a dead man's balls”. I have no idea what that means, sir, but it seems very negative to me.
“You got yourself a distraction that needs dealing with.”
“We are having problems relaunching cinema as a popular art.”
“I do not approve of Set's rule. But I doubt yours would be much better.”
“First you lose your girl. Now you're gonna lose your head. You're running out of shit to lose.”
“Ever since I’ve known you, you talk like a radicle, but you live like a rich guy. I don’t think you’re willing to lose all of this just to do the right thing.”
“- Governor: Must you continue to dishonor the laws of the commonwealth and the church with your prideful conceit?
- William: If my conscience sees it fit.
- Governor: Then shall you be banished out of this plantations liberties!
- William: I would be glad of it.
- Governor: Then take your leave, and trouble us no further.”
“You gotta get your head outta the clouds.”
“As one grows older one becomes more critical of oneself and less of other people.”
“They were, as John always described them, penny dreadfuls with an elevated prose style.”
“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it.”
“Every day they are told they are worthless, beyond hope.”