“- Robert Reynard: I think you're a dangerous man, Mr. Dodd.
- Eddie Dodd: I hope so, Mr. Reynard.”
“True Believer” quotes(1989)
Plot – Eddie Dodd is a lawyer who is disillusioned with his profession. His aide, Roger Baron, convinces him to defend a Korean, Shu Kai Kim. The man, already in prison for a murder he claims he did not commit, is accused of killing another inmate. Eddie and Roger, aided by detective Kitty Greer, find the evidence of Shu's innocence. The lawyer therefore finds his lost professional enthusiasm.
All actors – James Woods, Robert Downey Jr., Margaret Colin, Yuji Okumoto, Kurtwood Smith, Tom Bower, Miguel Fernandes, Charles Hallahan, Sully Diaz, Misan Kim, John Snyder, Luis Guzmánshow all
“True Believer” Quotes 10 quotes
“- Eddie Dodd: We gotta find some piece of evidence that's been buried, and open the sucker up again.
- Roger Baron: Christ, Eddie, if the guy's really guilty...
- Eddie Dodd: Hey, only Shu and God know if he's guilty, and neither one of 'em's talkin'.”
“- Eddie Dodd: Everybody else was wrong, the one fucking lunatic was right!
- Roger Baron: Does this mean the phone company killed Kennedy?”
“A good fight is one you win.”
“- Roger Baron: I can't believe we're going to see a bunch of Nazis... at night!
- Eddie Dodd: There's no one else to talk to! The tattoos are phony!
- Roger Baron: So?
- Eddie Dodd: So, no upstanding member of the Aryan Army would paint them on. They take those teardrops very seriously. They're badges of honor, of courage! Only their most...” (continue) (continue reading)
“The last struggle for Constitutional rights is being waged over drugs.”
“Fear will kill you.”
“- Robert Reynard: Why did I think I could reason with a man who defends coke pushers for free?
- Eddie Dodd: No, no: Coke dealers pay cash! That subsidizes the pot possession cases; they're free!”
“- Roger Baron: You were my age when you defended that case.
- Eddie Dodd: I was never your age.”
“It's in the area of narcotics, Mr. Reynard, that the government tramples on the Fourth Amendment.”