Witness quotes36 witness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Shall We Dance?
In a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying “Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness”.
- From the movie: Sinister
“It's one thing to hear about something but it's another thing to see it.”
- From the movie: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
“- Kemper: I've never seen anybody die before.
- Morgan: Most people never do.”
- From the movie: Radio Days
- From the movie: Intolerable Cruelty
“- Freddy Bender: Objection, Your Honor: strangling the witness.
- Judge Marva Munson: I'm going to allow it.”
- From the movie: True Believer
“- Eddie Dodd: We gotta find some piece of evidence that's been buried, and open the sucker up again.
- Roger Baron: Christ, Eddie, if the guy's really guilty...
- Eddie Dodd: Hey, only Shu and God know if he's guilty, and neither one of 'em's talkin'.”
- From the movie: Witness
- From the movie: Still Crazy
“Brace yourselves, I think you're about to witness a murder.”
- From the movie: Head Over Heels
“- Candi: If they get married, I'll do the shower.
- Jade: I'll do the pictures.
- Roxana: I do groomsmen.”
- From the TV Series: Battlestar Galactica
“I saw a star explode and send out the building blocks of the Universe. Other stars, other planets and eventually other life. A supernova! Creation itself! I was there.”
- From the movie: The General's Daughter
“- Brenner: Where were you?
- Colonel Robert Moore: Snug in bed.
- Brenner: Witnesses? A wife, girlfriend, roommate, hooker?
- Colonel Robert Moore: I'm divorced. I'm between girlfriends, I live alone and I do not use hookers. I actually have... absolutely no alibi whatsoever. Does that make me a killer?
- Brenner: No. Makes you lonely and...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: First Sunday
“- Pastor Arthur Mitchell: Actually, your honor, we have a lot of witnesses here that are willing to testify to a lot of things... like embezzlement.
- Tianna: Misappropriation of funds.
- Sister Doris: Falsifying documents.
- Rickey: Not to mention, wearing an easter suit with a Halloween shirt and tie set!”
- From the movie: Witness
- From the movie: Gang Related
“The only difference between a witness and a liar is this: one knows what he's doing at all times; the other has no clue.”
- From the movie: The Letter
“- Leslie Crosbie: You won't have to show Bob the letter, will you?
- Howard Joyce: I'll do everything possible to prevent him from seeing it. He'll be an important witness and he should be as firmly convinced of your innocence as he is now.”
- From the movie: The Last Shot
“- Joe Devine: Have you actually seen a person die, watched them bleed to death, seen them take their last breath? I've seen that... many times.
- Steven Schats: Why have you seen that?
- Joe Devine: I used to produce music videos.”
- From the movie: The Insider
“Jeffrey Wigand, who's out on a limb, does he go on television and tell the truth? Yes. Is it newsworthy? Yes. Are we gonna air it? Of course not. Why? Because he's not telling the truth? No. Because he is telling the truth. That's why we're not going to air it. And the more truth he tells, the worse it gets!”
- From the movie: Undercover Blues
“- Lt. Theodore 'Ted' Sawyer: You match the description of the intended victim: a man with a baby stroller.
- Det. Sgt. Halsey: And we got us a bag lady that says she saw the man enter this hotel.
- Lt. Theodore 'Ted' Sawyer: And the desk clerk says that man was you.
- Jeff Blue: Well, that certainly narrows it down, doesn't it?”
- From the movie: Oscar
“Never witness nuthin'. You live longer.”
- From the movie: Charlie Chan at the Circus
“Silent witness sometimes speaks loudest.”
- From the movie: Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
“I have been witness to a world consumed by hatred and bent on self-destruction, watched as we have taken what was to be a paradise and failed in our responsibilites as its steward.”
- From the movie: The Accused
“- Kathryn Murphy: Either you tell me right now what you saw or you can tell it to me on the witness stand.
- Ken Joyce: Why? This isn't my business. I don't care about this.”
- From the movie: Contact
“- Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
- Ellie Arroway: Yes.
- Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
- Ellie Arroway: Yes!
- Michael Kitz: Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede...” (continue)(continue reading)