“The Hard Way” quotes(1991)
Plot – Thanks to his reputation, Nick Lang, a stubborn young film actor, manages to get himself put alongside a stubborn detective John Moss, who is currently engaged in identifying a homicidal maniac who is terrorizing New York City. The detective, angered by this new situation - especially since the actor is fatuous and talkative while he is taciturn and reserved - tries to get rid of Lang by making him believe he had accidentally killed a police officer during a mission. However, it's all in vain.
All actors – Michael J. Fox, James Woods, Stephen Lang, Annabella Sciorra, John Capodice, Luis Guzmán, LL Cool J, Mary Mara, Delroy Lindo, Conrad Roberts, Penny Marshall, Christina Riccishow all
“The Hard Way” Quotes 16 quotes
“- John Moss: Don't eat like me, don't sit like me, and do not smoke like me! I'm trying to quit, anyway.
- Nick Lang: Me too.
- John Moss: And don't quit like me, either!”
“- John Moss: She hates me.
- Nick Lang: Buy her a pony.
- John Moss: I mean Susan.
- Nick Lang: Buy her a horse.”
- Nick Lang: When are you going to get me something with a little relevance, a little social conscience, something that doesn't have a goddamn Roman numeral in the title? You ever hear of "Hamlet III", "Midsummer Night's IV"?
- Angie: They made "Henry V"! It won awards for that little Scottish guy!
“- John Moss: C'mon where are you staying? the Plaza... the Regiun... c'mon where?
- Nick Lang: I'm staying with you.
- John Moss: Maybe when my asshole learns to chew gum.”
“- Nick Lang: Will you open up? I just want to know what it feels like to be inside your skin.
- John Moss: I don't want you inside my skin, you understand it? It's private! What's in there belongs to me! You're not gonna learn what it means to be a cop by eating hot dogs and picking your teeth and asking stupid questions.”
“- Captain Brix: You got two ways to deal with this: you got the easy way, you got...
- John Moss: The hard way.
- Captain Brix: Right. John, do us all a favor and make the right choice.
- John Moss: I always do.”
“Look, dickwad. I don't give a rat's ass about where you come from. All I care about is where you're going.”
“We live this job. It's something we are, not something we do! Every time a cop walks up to a car and has to give a speeding ticket, he know he may have to kill someone or be killed himself.”
“- Bonnie: You look like Nick Lang
- Nick Lang: Really? Do you like Nick Lang?
- Bonnie: I used to when I was little. Now I like Mel Gibson.”
“- Operator: 9-1-1 Emergency.
- Party Crasher: Hello there! It's me - again! Well, what can I say? I'm about to crash another party.”