Trial quotes67 trial quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Did you know 90% of the country believes in ghosts? less than a third in evolution? 35% can correctly identify Homer Simpson's fictional town in which he resides, less than 1% knows the name Thurgood Marshall. But... when you put 12 Americans together in a jury and you ask for justice? Something just South of brilliance happens. Often as not,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You ever hear about the Nuremberg trials, Trev? They weren't that long ago. Yeah, well, the big shots were the first trial, but then the next trial were just the judges, and lawyers, and policemen, and guards, and ordinary people just doing their jobs, following orders. That's where we got the Nuremberg principles, which then the UN made into...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I just wish you could be standing where I'm standing right now and feel what that feels like; because, then, you would know something that you don't know, Mr. Prosecutor: mercy! You would know that the concept of a society is based on the quality of that mercy; its sense of fair play; its sense of justice! But I guess that's like asking a bear...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Twelve people go off into a room: twelve different minds, twelve different hearts, from twelve different walks of life; twelve sets of eyes, ears, shapes, and sizes. And these twelve people are asked to judge another human being as different from them as they are from each other. And in their judgment, they must become of one mind - unanimous....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Juror #3: You're talkin' about a matter of *seconds!* Nobody can be that accurate!
- Juror #8: Well, I think testimony that can put a boy into the electric chair should be that accurate.”
“It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Prosecutor: So you don't feel responsible for the rape and murder?
- Cpl. Thomas E. Clark: No, sir. I don't.
- Prosecutor: Is it your feeling, Corporal Clark that you are wrongly brought to trial by the U.S. Government?
- Cpl. Thomas E. Clark: I don't have anything against the government. But I just think soldiers like Tony Meserve and me......” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Billy Flynn: Objection!
- Judge: Sustained.
- DA Martin Harrison: Your Honor, I haven't even asked a question yet.”
“- Samantha Jackson: Alright, I've got 'Dred Scott v. Sandford', 'Plessy v. Ferguson', and 'Brown v. The Board of Education'.
- John: I got 'Kramer vs. Kramer', 'Alien vs. Predator', and 'Freddy vs. Jason'.”
“Trials are a corruption of the entire process and only fools who have something to prove end up ensnared in them. Now when I say prove, I don't mean about the case, I mean about themselves.”
“I'm sure your defender has explained all of the basics to you, but let me just say. Even though this feels like a trial, it really isn't. It's just a process that helps us decide, and as imperfect as it may be, we think it works quite well.”
“Perhaps, instead of asking questions of our trials, our trials are ment to ask questions of ourselves.”
“- Bob Grimes: I don't have a lot of time. I'm in the middle of a trial.
- John Vukovich: What kind of trial?
- Bob Grimes: It's a dope case. Client got busted smuggling fifty pounds of cocaine. I should be able to get him off, though. Search warrant's weak.
- John Vukovich: Weak?
- Bob Grimes: Color of the house is listed as brown in the warrant...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Let it be recorded that the condemned pleaded not guilty.”
“- Judge: Ms. Jackson please control your client or I will hold you both in contempt of court.
- Ted: Oh piss off! All right? I'm standing up for me, and I 'm standing up for the homos! We deserve respect!
- Samantha Jackson: Ted shut up!”
“- Hank Pym: It's a trial by fire, Scott... or in this case, water.
- [the bathtub fills with water, and Scott jumps out]
- Hank Pym: Guess you're tougher than you thought.”
“If this court finds that Mr. Kringle is not who he says he is, that there is no Santa, I ask the court to judge which is worse: A lie that draws a smile or a truth that draws a tear.”
“Lawsuits are war, it's as simple as that ad they begin the same way the declaration: the compliant, when you're a small firm and their a big one steep in history and wealth as they always are, with their Persian carpets on the floor and their Harvard diplomas hanging on the wall, it's easy to be intimidated, don't be, that's what they want,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Regardless of the verdict of juries... no player who throws a ball game... no player who undertakes, or promises to throw a game... no player who sits in conference with a bunch of crooked players and gamblers where the ways and means of throwing a ball game are discussed, and does not promptly tell his club about it... will never play...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Eddie Dodd: We gotta find some piece of evidence that's been buried, and open the sucker up again.
- Roger Baron: Christ, Eddie, if the guy's really guilty...
- Eddie Dodd: Hey, only Shu and God know if he's guilty, and neither one of 'em's talkin'.”