John Patrick Shanley Quote
“Monogamy is like a 40-watt bulb. It works, but it's not enough.”
Other languages for this quote
La monogamia è come una lampadina da quaranta watt: funziona, ma non è abbastanza.
“- Nurse Mary Verbeck: The Salingers. They know I worship your body like a French cathedral.
- Dr. Elliot Fibel: I don't care who knows, Mary. You're my woman and I'm your man! Never the less, if they can keep a secret, so can I.”
“- Gollum: We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!
- Smeagol: No. Not Master!
- Gollum: Yes, precious, false! They will cheat you, hurt you, lie.
- Smeagol: Master is my friend.
- Gollum: You don't have any friends; nobody likes you!”
“My father died before I reached my teens. Some say that was a punishment. My mother never remarried or loved another. Some say that was a punishment.”
“- Alden Pyle: Have you had a lot of women, Thomas?
- Thomas Fowler: You start out by being promiscuous and end up like your grandfather... faithful to one woman.”