Brian Cox quotes
“Australia is full of spiders and crocodiles and all kinds of animals that will eat you and sting you.”
“I think I must be the only British actor who's played both Stalin and Trotsky. I need to play Lenin so I can make it a triptych.”
“Hollywood, from as early as the sixties to the present time, has ghettoized cinema into the big industry, a marketing industry.”
“- Nathan: Alice, please. Your dog, Alice. It and my appetite are mutually exclusive.
- Alice: Well, what's wrong with the dog?
- Nathan: Simple. He's been licking his asshole for the last three straight hours.”
“People are murdered every day. There's genocide, war, corruption. Every fucking day somewhere in the world somebody sacrifices his life to save somebody else. Every fucking day someone somewhere takes a conscious decision to destroy someone else. People find love, people lose it. For Christ sake a child watches her mother beaten to death on the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Agamemnon: Hector fights for his country! Achilles fights only for himself!
- Odysseus: I don't care about the man's allegiance, I care about his ability to win battles!”
“I knew a fella once, dreamt of bein' a pro footballer, just like you. He had talent, just like you. Maybe even could have made it, but he'll never know, 'cause he was scared. Wouldn't take a chance. Didn't take the risks. And do you know what? Even since then, he's taken every chance that's come his way. Took risks when everybody around him told...” (continue)(continue reading)
“There is nothing more sexy in the whole world than a beautiful woman with an incredible gun.”
“If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is.”
“- Will Graham: I know that I'm not smarter than you.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor: Then how did you catch me?
- Will Graham: You had disadvantages.
- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor: What disadvantages?
- Will Graham: You're insane.”
“Your grandfather once told me it was ok to think about what you want to do until it was time to start doing what you were meant to do.”
“Actors in general have become very spoiled in the roles they choose these days.”
“- Dr. Finch: It would a staged suicide attempt. Of course, your poor mother would have to find you and drive you the hospital, where you would stay for three weeks or a month for observation.
- Augusten Burroughs: I don't know. It doesn't...
- Dr. Finch: Augusten. Where is your spirit of adventure?”
“I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.”
“You're in a big puddle of shit, Pamela, and you don't have the shoes for it.”
“I know how you're feeling. You lost two men in Berlin and you want it to mean something, but nothing Bourne gives you will bring your men back. Nothing in those files makes their sacrifice worthwile. You have to let go. We're professionals, when an operation goes bad, we tie it off.”
“You make a new life for yourself and you live it. You live your live the way it should have been.”
“May the gods keep the wolves in the fields and the women in our beds.”
“- Will Graham: l'm sick of you, Lecktor. If you've got something to say, say it!
- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor: l want to help you, Will. You'd be more comfortable if you relaxed with yourself! We don't invent our natures, they're issued to us with our lungs and pancreas and everything else. Why fight it?”
“- Will Graham: Why does it feel good, Dr. Lecktor?
- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor: lt feels good because God has power.”