Brendan Fraser quotes
“As sophisticated as the technology gets, the less sophisticated you have to become as an actor.”
“I don't believe that wishing works. I think we get the things we work for.”
“Manners are a way of showing other people we care about them.”
“- Stoney: Link your probably used to eatin twigs,but here in the USA we have what you call the 4 basic food groups [Link picks up a banana]... And Link, this is not one of them. Fist group: the dairie group, milk duds, you hide these under your pillow so your mom doesnt find them. If she does you're tweaked bro. Second group, fruit gruop, sweet...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Beatrice Stanhope: We haven't been friends for very long, George, but I already think I know something about you. You are in love with my daughter.
- George: Oh, Miss Ursula not so dumb.”
“- Rick: Those are poisonous, you know!
- Evelyn: Only if they bite you.”
“- Elliot's Cellmate: Doesn't really matter, though. Can't sell your soul anyway.
- Elliot Richards: Oh, really? Why do you say that?
- Elliot's Cellmate: Because it doesn't really belong to you in the first place. No way, no how.
- Elliot Richards: So who does it belong to?
- Elliot's Cellmate: It belongs to God. That universal spirit that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Elliot Richards: You can't read that, that's private stuff!
- The Devil: You're telling me, listen to this. Last night was the most incredible night of my life. I never did get any of the guys' names, but I brought them back home and all five of them banged me like a Salvation Army drum.
- Elliot Richards: What?
- The Devil: Kidding.”
“- Elliot Richards: No! That's not fair.
- The Devil: Fair? Who do you think you're talking to? I don't recall anybody ever accusing me of being fair before. I think I'm insulted.”
“- Thomas Fowler: Doesn't it bother you?
- Alden Pyle: What I saw made me disgusted, but if it keeps out the communists it's necessary.”
“- Julie: It looks so... new.
- Stu Miley: Well, that's because it is new!
- Julie: But the heirloom - your grandmother's ring...
- Stu Miley: What? You want a used ring?”
“- Rick: Have I kissed you today?
- Evelyn: I hate it when you do that.
- Rick: Why?
- Evelyn: Makes me feel like agreeing to anything.”
“- The Devil: You know, you'd think that meeting the Devil would be interesting enough but no. All people want to know about is Him. Like He's so bloody fascinating!
- Elliot Richards: So He's a man?
- The Devil: Yeah, most men think they're God, this one just happens to be right.”
“- Elliot Richards: I, Elliot Richards, hereafter known as the Damned - the Damned?
- The Devil: How about the Darned, sound better?”
“- Dave: What's my mom screaming about?
- Link: She's bumed cause I snaked her last bagel.”
“- Eve: What kind of wife are you looking for?
- Adam: Oh um, well... one who's not a mutant.
- Eve: [laughs] No dogs, huh. Ok. Cool.”
“How'd you like to eat my shit?”
“I wish the rock 'n' roll scene to be back in.”
“If you run an Internet search on Vietnam and the war, most of the information you get begins at about 1962. I think this is telling. It is missing the whole period that led up to the reasons the war happened in the first place.”
“I'm starting to judge success by the time I have for myself, the time I spend with family and friends. My priorities aren't amending; they're shifting.”