Prejudice quotes122 prejudice quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.”
“- Alec Scudder: You talk like a man who's never had to earn his living.
- Maurice Hall: You can do anything. Once you know what it is. We can live without money, without people. We can live without position. We're not fools. We're both strong. There'd be some place we could go.
- Alec Scudder: Wouldn't work, Maurice. Be the ruin of us both....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Just because I like ballet doesn't mean I'm a poof, you know.”
“- Cliff: You met her family? Think her family's gonna be okay that you're a white guy?
- Mickey: They think any woman over 30 who isn't married is a lesbian. She figures, they'll be so relieved that I'm a man...
- Cliff: Yeah, it's always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice.”
“It's hard for the American industry to see a Latin actor playing something that is not a gardener or someone in a cartel.”
“Dad, you're my father. I'm your son. I love you. I always have and I always will. But you think of yourself as a colored man. I think of myself as a man.”
“If you're an attractive guy, everyone thinks you're successful just because of the way you look. I hate that.”
“Fez-I just wish that there was someplace in the world where prejudice didn't exist.
Michael Kelso-Well, that's Canada... Yup, good ol' Canada. They don't make generalizations about people because they're too busy playin' hockey or gettin' drunk or puttin' maple syrup on their ham.”
“I happen to think that the singular evil of our time is prejudice. It is from this evil that all other evils grow and multiply. In almost everything I've written, there is a thread of this: a man's seemingly palpable need to dislike someone other than himself.”
“It's the thing that you do well that brings you to prominence. The very thing that brings you to success can also be like a curse, because then people think that's all you can do.”
“It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Linus Larrabee: She doesn't want money; she wants love.
- Oliver Larrabee: I thought they discontinued that model.”
“Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing, Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich.”
“Could you love a heel that's been repaired?”
“- James King: My life is ruined, because after thirty days I'm going to prison!... It's not as bad as I've heard, is it?
- Darnell Lewis: Hell yeah, it's bad!
- James King: Teach me how to survive in prison, the way you did!
- Darnell Lewis: [amazed] Tell me how you know I went to prison?
- James King: Given your low economic status, your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Two men skating together? And in our division, no less! Why, Stranz? Why is God singling us out to the greatest suffering the world has ever known?
- Stranz Van Waldenberg: I don't know, sis; those two are just a couple of freaks.
- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Yeah, and the media loves freaks.”
“- Alan Troy: What's up with the make-up? I thought Texans were tough.
- Chris Kruger: I burn easily so fucking sue me.”
“I’m actually less Latin than Cameron Diaz, whose father is from Cuba. But she’s not getting called a Latin actress because she’s got blonde hair and blue eyes. I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don’t speak Spanish. So, to say that I’m a Latin actress, OK, but it’s not fitting; it would be insincere.”
“I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God.”