Prejudice quotes119 prejudice quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.”
“Just because I like ballet doesn't mean I'm a poof, you know.”
“It's hard for the American industry to see a Latin actor playing something that is not a gardener or someone in a cartel.”
“If you're an attractive guy, everyone thinks you're successful just because of the way you look. I hate that.”
“It's always difficult to keep personal prejudice out of a thing like this. And wherever you run into it, prejudice always obscures the truth. I don't really know what the truth is. I don't suppose anybody will ever really know. Nine of us now seem to feel that the defendant is innocent, but we're just gambling on probabilities - we may be wrong....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Linus Larrabee: She doesn't want money; she wants love.
- Oliver Larrabee: I thought they discontinued that model.”
“Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing, Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich.”
“Could you love a heel that's been repaired?”
“- James King: My life is ruined, because after thirty days I'm going to prison!... It's not as bad as I've heard, is it?
- Darnell Lewis: Hell yeah, it's bad!
- James King: Teach me how to survive in prison, the way you did!
- Darnell Lewis: [amazed] Tell me how you know I went to prison?
- James King: Given your low economic status, your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Two men skating together? And in our division, no less! Why, Stranz? Why is God singling us out to the greatest suffering the world has ever known?
- Stranz Van Waldenberg: I don't know, sis; those two are just a couple of freaks.
- Fairchild Van Waldenberg: Yeah, and the media loves freaks.”
“- Alan Troy: What's up with the make-up? I thought Texans were tough.
- Chris Kruger: I burn easily so fucking sue me.”
“I’m actually less Latin than Cameron Diaz, whose father is from Cuba. But she’s not getting called a Latin actress because she’s got blonde hair and blue eyes. I had a very American upbringing, I feel American, and I don’t speak Spanish. So, to say that I’m a Latin actress, OK, but it’s not fitting; it would be insincere.”
“- Cliff: You met her family? Think her family's gonna be okay that you're a white guy?
- Mickey: They think any woman over 30 who isn't married is a lesbian. She figures, they'll be so relieved that I'm a man...
- Cliff: Yeah, it's always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice.”
“I would rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God.”
“- Velma Von Tussle: They're just kids, that's why we have to steer them in the white direction.
- Corny Collins: Right direction?
- Velma Von Tussle: Isn't that what I said?”
“Miles, these women are too big to be fooling with... I'm afraid that in the heat of passion, one of them is gonna roll over on you... squash you dead!”