Moon quotes53 moon quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Now, Voyager
“Don't ask for the moon. We have the stars.”
- From the movie: Nothing Lasts Forever
“I can see the man in the moon, he's smiling at me.”
- From the movie: Meatballs
“It's a weird moon. The moon kills, you know. It feeds off the earth. On a night like this, one of us could get up in the middle of the night, grab an ax, and cut somebody's head off.”
- From the movie: Apollo 13
Our mission was called "a successful failure", in that we returned safely but never made it to the moon. In the following months, it was determined that a damaged coil built inside the oxygen tank sparked during our cryo stir and caused the explosion that crippled the Odyssey. It was a minor defect that occured two years before I was even named... (continue)(continue reading)
“I would still like to go to the moon before I die.”
- From the movie: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- From the TV Series: True Detective
“I used to want to be an astronaut. But astronauts don’t even go to the moon anymore.”
- From the animation: The Breadwinner
“Shauzia-Have you ever been to the sea?
Shauzia-Neither have I. But I have heard that the moon pulls the water onto the shore and then back out again. I want to see that.”
“Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace. These brave men, Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin, know there is no hope for their recovery. They will be mourned by their families; they will be mourned by a Mother Earth that dared send two of her sons into the unknown... Others will...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Alien vs. Predator
- From the animation: Despicable Me
- From the movie: The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend
“- Press Maravich: Kennedy will build houses on the moon by 1970 and you know why, cause he's got...
- Press Maravich, Helen Maravich: Confidence.”
- From the movie: Coneheads
“- Connie Conehead: I think I'll have some Tang.
- Prymatt Conehead: Ah Tang, the drink astronauts took to the moon.
- Beldar Conehead: Astronauts to the moon?”
- From the movie: Silver Bullet
“- Jane Coslaw: In the made-up stories, the guy who's the werewolf only changes when the moon is full, but maybe he's like this almost all the time, only as the moon gets fuller...
- Marty Coslaw: The guy gets wolfier.”
- From the movie: The Diary of a Teenage Girl
“It would've been better to have slept and dreamed than to watch the night pass and the slow moon sink.”
- From the movie: Red Planet
“- Gallagher: I prefer one moon, you know? That way you know what to call it: The Moon.
- Lt. Ted Santen: More color commentary from the space janitor.
- Gallagher: The correct term is mechanical systems engineer.
- Chip Pettengill: ... but he will accept space janitor.”
- From the movie: RoboCop 2
“- RoboCop: Isn't the moon wonderful tonight?
- Anne Lewis: It's still daytime.
- RoboCop: It's the thought that counts.”
- From the movie: Oklahoma!
“I wanted to marry her when I saw the moonlight shining on the barrel of her father's shotgun.”
- From the movie: Wolf
- From the movie: Babe
“If I had words to make a day for you, I’d sing you a morning golden and true, I would make this day last for all time, then fill the night deep in moonshine.”
- From the movie: An American Werewolf in London
“Beware the moon, lads.”
- From the movie: Poltergeist
“I feel like the proto-human coming out of the forest primeval and seeing the moon for the first time and throwing rocks at it.”
- From the movie: Joe Dirt
“And at that moment I thought I might just lie there and never get up. I would just sit there and rot there, but then I looked up and saw the Moon and got this weird feeling that Brandi was looking up at that same moon.”
- From the movie: A Knight's Tale
“If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.”
- From the movie: Wild at Heart