“The Parent Trap” quotes(1998)
Nancy Meyers directed this movie in 1998
Title The Parent Trap
Director Nancy Meyers
Genre Drama, Comedy, Romance, Adventure, Family
Director Nancy Meyers
Genre Drama, Comedy, Romance, Adventure, Family
Plot – During summer camp two girls discover that they are twins, separated at birth by their parents' unnatural and egotistical decision to get divorced and split the girls. The girls decide to switch places in order to meet the parent that they have never known and to plan the reunification of the family. Hectic phone calls between London and California will follow, but the unexpected engagement of their father seems to be compromising the plan. Anyway, the twins have more than one card up their sleeves.
All actors – Lindsay Lohan, Dennis Quaid, Natasha Richardson, Elaine Hendrix, Lisa Ann Walter, Simon Kunz, Polly Holliday, Maggie Wheeler, Ronnie Stevens, Joanna Barnes, Hallie Meyers-Shyer, Maggie Emma Thomas, Courtney Woods, Kat Graham, Michael Lohan, Rachel Sullivan, Katie DeShan, Brighton Hertford, Jennifer Lin, Amy Centner, Mia Tramz, Christina Toral, Dana Ponder, Brianne Mercier, Danielle Sherman, Natasha Melnick, Amanda Hampton, Lisa Iverson, Lisa Cloud, Kellie Foster, Heidi Boren, Marissa Leigh, Heather Wayrock, John Atterbury, Hamish McColl, Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen, Alex Cole, J. Patrick McCormack, William Akey, David Doty, Roshanna Baron, Annie Meyers-Shyer, Brian Fenwick, Jonneine Hellerstein, Troy Christian, Denise Holland, Terry Kerr, Bruce A. Block, Chéri Ballinger, Casey Floresca, Beau Holden, Ali Lohan, Dakota Lohan, Dina Lohan, Erin Mackey, Molly Mueller, Gemma Riggshow all
“The Parent Trap” Quotes 42 quotes
“- Nick Parker: Hal, come here. We have to talk
- Annie as Hallie: Okay shoot.
- Nick Parker: Okay, honey... I want to know what you think about making Meredith part of the family?
- Annie as Hallie: Part of our family?
- Nick Parker: Yeah.
- Annie as Hallie: I think it's an awesome idea. Inspired. Brilliant really.
- Nick Parker: You do? Really?...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hello. Yes, Reverend Mosby... Uh-huh. I'll certainly ask him but I doubt if he'll be available. I understand it's for a local charity. Um-hmmm... I'm writing it all down [she writes nothing down]. Okay, got it. Sounds very worthwhile, I-agree but unfortunately, I see that Mr. Parker will be out of the country those days. Yes, I'll be sure to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Martin: I'd accompany you to make the trip a bit easier for you?
- Elizabeth: Would you, Martin? I'd be forever grateful. And you don't even have to go as our butler. Just as a friend.
- Martin: Madame, I'd be honored. And as a friend, may I say... if I were seeing my ex after eleven years and I had your legs... [pulls out a little red dress]...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marva Kulp, Sr.: Excuse me, girls. I just got to have a scoop of these gorgeous strawberries. Would you care for some dear?
- Hallie: Oh, no thanks, can't. I-I'm allergic.
- Marva Kulp, Sr.: Oh, that's too bad. How about you, dear, strawberries?
- Annie: Oh, sorry, I wish I could, but I can't, I-I'm allergic.
- Marva Kulp, Sr.: Yes, you just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annie: Oh, sure. Sprout's used to strange women riding her. Not that you're strange or anything. Actually, compared to the others, you seem relatively normal.
- Meredith: Others? What others?
- Annie: What others? Puh-leeze. You want the 411?
- Meredith: The 411?
- Annie: The 'information'... the lowdown on the other women. Can't say that I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hallie: I guess you have to switch us back now, huh?
- Elizabeth: Legally, you belong to your father and Annie belongs to me.
- Hallie: 'His' and 'Hers, kids. No offense, Mom, but this arrangement really sucks.
- Elizabeth: I agree, it totally sucks. I don't want to lose you now that we've been together.”
“- Annie: Oh. Me and my friend. I met this girl at camp and we got really close. Practically like sisters. She was a lovely girl.
- Nick: ‘Lovely’? You seem to have gotten very proper all of a sudden. Still biting those nails.
- Annie: Dad! You noticed!
- Nick: Whaddya mean, noticed? You've been biting them since you got teeth.
- Annie: But I've...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you ask me, the bouquet is a little too robust for a Merlot. But then again, I'm partial to the softer California grape.”
“- Elizabeth James: [thinking she is talking to her father, who has a newspaper up between them] Hey stranger...
- Hallie: [puts down newspaper. then] Hey Mom, did you know that the Concorde gets you here in half the time?
- Elizabeth James: [flustered] Yes, I, I've heard that...
- Annie: What are you doing here?
- Hallie: It took us abound 30...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hallie: I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I'll make you a little deal: loser jumps into the lake after the game.
- Annie: Excellent.
- Hallie: Butt naked.
- Annie: Even more excellent. Start unzipping, Parker. [revealing her hand to Hallie] Straight, in diamonds.
- Hallie: You're good James... but... you're just not good enough.
- Hallie:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Annie: This is Grandfather.
- Hallie: He's so cute. What do we call him?
- Annie: Grandfather.
- Hallie: That makes sense.
- Annie: This is Martin. He's our Butler.
- Hallie: [surprised] We have a Butler? ”
“- Elizabeth James: Where are we?
- Nick Parker: This is where we're eating?
- Hallie: [Pointing to a 100+ foot yacht] No. Actually, that's where we're eating.
- Annie: She's ours for the night.
- Nick Parker: Wow. So, how exactly are we paying for this?
- Annie: Well, we pooled our allowances.
- Nick Parker: Yeah. Right. Annie?
- Annie: Okay....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick: Honey, did I ever mention Hallie was a twin?
- Meredith: No, as a matter of fact, you didn't. Two of them?!? How fabulous.
- Hallie: Don't feel bad, Mer, he never mentioned it to me, either. Imagine My surprise. By the way, I'm the real Hallie. This is Annie. She was just pretending to be me while I was in London pretending to be her....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Hallie: Want one?
- Annie: Oh, sure, I love Oreos. At home, I eat them with... I eat them with peanut butter.
- Hallie: You do? That is so weird [takes out a jar of peanut butter].
- Hallie: So do I!
- Annie: You're kidding! Most people find that totally disgusting.
- Hallie: I know, I don't get it.
- Annie: Me either.”
“- Elizabeth: Back so soon? Did you have fun?
- Annie: Not exactly.
- Hallie: We've been punished through the end of the century.
- Nick: Starting now. Go.
- Elizabeth: Where's Meredith?
- Hallie: We played a couple of harmlesstricks on her and she kinda freaked out a little.
- Nick: A little? We broke up.
- Elizabeth: Oh, jeez... This is all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Martin, the James' Butler: Shall we review your mother's list?
- Annie: Mm-hmm.
- Martin, the James' Butler: Now, let's see. Vitamins?
- Annie: Check.
- Martin, the James' Butler: Minerals?
- Annie: Check.
- Martin, the James' Butler: List of daily fruits and vegetables?
- Annie: Check, check.
- Annie: [Martin glances at Annie] Check for...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Grandpa Charles James: [Annie smells him] What are you doing?
- Hallie as Annie: Making a memory! Years from now, when I'm all grown up, I'll always remember my grandfather and how he always smelled of...
peppermint and pipe tobacco.”
“- Annie: Hallie, what was your mother like?
- Hallie: I never met her. She and my Dad split up when I was a baby, maybe even before, I'm not sure. He doesn't really like to talk about her... but I know she was really beautiful.
- Annie: How do you know that?
- Hallie: Because my dad had this old picture of her hidden in his sock drawer and he...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick Parker: I told Hallie.
- Meredith Blake: You did? And?
- Nick Parker: She went ballistic. She started yelling in French. I didn't even know she spoke French.”
“- Hallie: Maaaw-tin!
- Martin:You look fantastic. What did you do to your hair?
- Hallie: Cut it. Do you like it?
- Martin: Love it. It's the new you! And you got your ears pierced! Give me five, girlfriend!”
“- Annie: Hi, Mom.
- Elizabeth: You look beautiful. So tan and healthy... Okay you two: how could you do this to me?
- Chessy: May I suggest we take this little pow-wow inside? [to Elizabeth] Hi, you probably don't remember me...
- Elizabeth: [warmly] Chessy!
- Chessy: I knew I always liked you.”