Studying quotes86 studying quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: It was an immenseproject. I was to extract 1 decagram of myelin from 4 tons of earth worms.
- Dr. Sullivan: Really!
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: Yes. I was on the project for 5 years. I was the only one who believed in it. Everyone else said it couldn't be done.
- Dr. Kaufman: It can't.
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: I know that now. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I figure if I study high, take the test high, get high scores! Right?”
“Everything I've ever cared about, everything I've worked for... has all been preparation for a future that no longer exists. I know you always thought I took the competition too seriously. You were right. It was all for nothing.”
“Where I come from the meal is the result of reflection and study. Menus are prepared in advance, timed to perfection. It is said that without the culinary arts, the crudeness of reality would be unbearable.”
“In thirty-five years of religious study, I've come up with only two hard, incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and, I'm not Him.”
“- Dr. Grant: I have a theory that there are two kinds of boys. There are those that want to be astronomers, and those that want to be astronauts. The astronomer, or the paleontologist, gets to study these amazing things from a place of complete safety.
- Erik: But then you never get to go into space.
- Dr. Grant: Exactly. That's the difference...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Amy: Time for us to do what we do best.
- Molly: What's that?
- Amy: Motherfucking homework.”
“- Faustino the Great: How long you study music?
- Mr. Lyons: Fifteen years.
- Faustino the Great: Fifteen. You know, two more years you could've been a plumber?”
“- Anne Larson: You're looking wonderfully well. I'm surprised - and pleased.
- Cecile: Why surprised?
- Anne Larson: Well, from Raymond's description, I thought...
- Cecile: Oh, that was in Paris. And in Paris I was worn out from studying.”
“- Anne Larson: Are you studying now?
- Cecile: During vacation?
- Anne Larson: Well, you're going to take your examinations again, in October?
- Cecile: Why? Raymond never got a diploma.
- Anne Larson: Yes, but he worked hard, made quite a bit of money.
- Cecile: Well, if it's all gone, I'm sure they'll always be a man to take care of me. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“He's not human. He studies people in order to appear human, but all he has discovered is our fear and our hatred.”
“I'm an engineer! I stopped running when Nixon was president!”
“- Ben Campbell: You know, ever since I was 16, I crushed exams. I took on extracurricular. I showed up early. I even sat at the front of the class and stayed late. Man, I gave up everything. You know, I gave up fun. I gave up sex.
- Miles Connoly: I don't think you gave up sex.
- Ben Campbell: Okay, maybe not sex.”
“- Matilda: Where's your homework?
- Red: I don't have it.
- Matilda: Why not?
- Red: I didn't do it. I thought about doing it until I realized it would be a total waste of my time!”
“Six years of drama school... for this.”
“I have this kind of crazy philosophy that your grades should represent your grasp of the material and not your negotiating skills - which are amazing, by the way.”
“- James 'Droz' Andrews: What's your major?
- Sanskrit Major: Sanskrit.
- James 'Droz' Andrews: Sanskrit. You're majoring in a 5000 year-old dead language?”
“- Herman: If you can't solve a traffic accident, what are you gonna do if a crime happens?
- Harry: Now boys, don't be riding Danny too hard. He's out to lead this town. We're lucky to have him. A Masters Degree in Criminology. Big cities fighting over him, and he comes back to his old home town to help us poor folks out.”