Challenge quotes188 challenge quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Billy McMahon: Where's all this hostility coming from?
- Stuart: Where do you think it's coming from, you big tree. Two fifths of our team is made up of two old guys who don't know shit”
“- Eddie Plant: Pac Man? Boom! That's my jam. Let's get us some light cannons and blow this sucker back to whatever planet it came from.
- Ludlow Lamonsoff: No, no light cannons don't kill Pac Mac. Those... those little ghosts do.
- Eddie Plant: Boom! Let's get us some little ghosts.”
“Great men were made by other great men. Patton had Rommel, Grant had Lee, I get stuck with you.”
“It's better to go too far than not far enough.”
“Why do men always insist on measuring their dicks?”
“Remember: no obstacles, only challenges.”
“Every artist has to grow, and has to challenge themselves with a new form of expression.”
“- Happy Gilmore: I got into this tournament for one reason: money. And now I have a new reason: kicking your ass!
- Shooter McGavin: Well, I'd like to see you try.
- Happy Gilmore: [Picks up beer bottle and smashes it in half] Let's do it, then!
- Shooter McGavin: I meant on a golf course!”
“There is more that I can learn and there are many people who are as good as, or better at, what I do than I am.”
“I must break you.”
- Bobby Riggs: You and me, Billie Jean. Three sets, five sets - your choice.
- Billie Jean King: Are you drunk, Bobby?
- Bobby Riggs: No, of course not. How about this: "Man vs. Woman". "Male Chauvinist Pig vs Hairy-Legged Feminist".
“It's nauseating for me when I feel like I'm not growing or challenging myself.”
“- Henry Ford II: This isn't the first time Ford Motors' gone to war. We know how to do more than push papers. Go ahead, Carroll. Go to war.
- Carroll Shelby: Thank you, sir.”
“- Lee Iacocca: Carroll Shelby.
- Carroll Shelby: Maybe?
- Lee Iacocca: Lee Iacocca, Ford Motors. Suppose Henry Ford II wanted to build the greatest race car the world's ever seen, to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans. What's it take?
- Carroll Shelby: Well, it takes somethin' money can't buy.
- Lee Iacocca: Well, it can buy speed.
- Carroll Shelby: It...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ken Miles: If this were a beauty pageant, we just lost.
- Carroll Shelby: Looks aren't everything.”
“We're lighter, we're faster, and if that don't work, we're nastier.”
“We're both trying, Don. You're trying not to drink, and I'm trying not to love you.”
The only thing that I can imagine that would test a man more than sailing around the world in a boat alone, stopping only once, is not stopping at all. And "The Sunday Times" has asked me here today to announce just such a challenge. There will be a cashprize for the man who comes first, and a prize for the man who is fastest.
“During his lifetime each man plays cosmic chess with the devil. It's difficult to know who's winning, because God plays with one set of rules, the devil plays with the other exactly opposite set of rules. But one thing is clear. The only real sin is the sin of concealment.”
“The biggest challenge in New Orleans has been to find a worker who can climb a ladder after lunch.”
“The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time.”