Maurice Chevalier quotes
“Old age is not so bad when you consider the alternatives.”
“The older one gets the more one comes to resemble oneself.”
“Youth is the thing, Gaston. Youth. Stay close to the young and a little rubs off.”
“- Honore Lachaille: I have to tell you... your parents bore me to death.
- Gaston Lachaille: Me too.
- Honore Lachaille: But I've known them longer, so they've been boring me longer.”
“This is the city - Paris, France. It is just like any other big city - London, New York, Tokyo - except for two little things. In Paris, people eat better. And in Paris, people make love - well, perhaps not better, but certainly more often. They do it any time, any place. On the left bank, on the right bank, and in between! They do it by day,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ariane Chavasse: Working on a new case?
- Claude Chavasse: A client from Brussels. His wife ran away to Paris with the chauffeur. I have to find them; the husband wants his car back.”
“- Ariane Chavasse: Papa, you are a cynic!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I am.
- Ariane Chavasse: You enjoy your work!
- Claude Chavasse: I guess I do.
- Ariane Chavasse: You'd enjoyed it even if you weren't paid for it!
- Claude Chavasse: I wouldn't go that far.”
“The crime of loving is forgetting.”
“The French are true romantics. They feel the only difference between a man of forty and one of seventy is thirty years of experience.”
“It is always the same: women bedeck themselves with jewels and furs, and men with wit and quotations.”
“Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.”
“Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in a light so dim he would not have chosen a suit by it.”
“- Danilo: Are you pretty? Or beautiful?
- Sonia: Gorgeous.”
“May our hearts remain as cool as this champagne.”