“Mystery Train” quotes(1989)
Plot – In this movie three stories take place simultaneously in Memphis during the same day. 'Far from Yokohama' - A young Japanese couple comes to town to visit the legendary places of Elvis Presley. They rent a room in the seedy Hotel Arcade and after the tour of the city they hear the song 'Blue Moon' playing and then a gunshot from the next room. They prepare to leave for Japan as if nothing has happened. 'A ghost' - Luisa is a young Italian widow and a weird man tells her he's been commissioned by Elvis Presley's ghost to deliver her a comb. Luisa takes refuge in the Hotel Arcade where Presley's ghost appears to her as she cannot sleep. The next morning she hears the song 'Blue Moon' then the shot. 'Lost in Space' - Johnny is afflicted for the loss of his job and the one of his girlfriend Dee Dee. He thinks to commit suicide and grabs a gun. Before, he gets drunk with his friends Charlie and Bill, then he robs a liquor store and wounds the owner, so the three friends take refuge at the Hotel Arcade. They hear the song 'Blue Moon' and then have a fight. Charlie is accidentally wounded by a gunshot. While the three guys flee, Dee Dee and the Japanese couple are traveling on the nearby train.
All actors – Masatoshi Nagase, Yûki Kudô, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Cinqué Lee, Rufus Thomas, Jodie Markell, William Hoch, Pat Hoch, Joshua Elvis Hoch, Reginald Freeman, Beverly Prye, Nicoletta Braschi, Elizabeth Bracco, Sy Richardson, Tom Noonan, Stephen Jones, Lowell Roberts, Sara Driver, Richard Boes, Darryl Daniel, Calvin Brown, Jim Stark, Elan Yaari, Joe Strummer, Rick Aviles, Steve Buscemi, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Royale Johnson, Winston Hoffman, Rockets Redglare, Marvell Thomas, Charles Ponder, D'Army Bailey, Tom Waitsshow all
“Mystery Train” Quotes 8 quotes
“- Night Clerk: Well, what about on Jupiter?
- Bellboy: At the time of his death, if he were on Jupiter, Elvis would've weighed six-hundred and forty-eight pounds.
- Night Clerk: Six-hundred and forty-eight. Damn.”
“- Jun: [after making love] Mitzuko... do women always worry about their hairstyle?
- Mitzuko: What are you talking about? In all the times we've made love - and this is number 11 - I've never once thought about my hairstyle!
- Jun: Eleven?
- Mitzuko: And if that's what you're thinking, try shaving first next time.”
“You know, Memphis does look like Yokohama. Just more space. If you took away sixty percent of the buildings in Yokohama, it would look like this.”
“- Newsvendor: What can I do you for?
- Luisa: I would like to buy this newspaper.
- Newsvendor: Well now, you should buy this one here as well. The Tri-State Defender.
- Luisa: No, thank you. I think I need only this one.
- Newsvendor: Well, you know, you only need one leg to get around on if that's all you got. But it sure helps having two, now...” (continue)(continue reading)