Ellen Barkin quotes
“Men who love their mothers treat women wonderfully. And they have enormous respect for women.”
“- Jewel Stern: You got Bobby Rayburn on the line yet? Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
- Broadcast Technician: Three time National League MVP?
- Jewel Stern: And that gives him the right to fuck up my show?”
“- Anne Osborne: You're a cop, for God's sake, you're supposed to uphold the law, but instead you bend it and twist it and sell it. I saw you take that bribe and resist arrest and tamper with evidence and perjure yourself under oath.
- Remy McSwain: Don't forget I ran a red light too, huh.
- Anne Osborne: You still think it's funny, don't you?...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Prosecutor: Didn't you say that you... wished your husband was dead?
- Maggie Skolnick: Yes.
- Prosecutor: And when you found the body...
- Maggie Skolnick: Well, I was like..."What strange god did this?".
“- Claire: Somewhere... I don't know where... I turned a corner and there was no turning back. Somewhere I made a mistake.
- Kit: Don't mourn it, sweet, it's all right. The marvellous thing about making mistakes is that you can keep making them, the same ones, over and over again.”
“- Beth Schreiber: Boog, when we were datin', did you care for me?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Sure I did.
- Beth Schreiber: You know, I don't mean just cause you could do stuff to me; but, but because you really cared?
- Robert 'Boogie' Sheftell: Of course, Beth! I mean, there was plenty of girls around for a quick pop - if that's what I wanted.”
“I like being married. I like taking care of people, having someone to make dinner for.”
“Old is the new sexy.”
“- Amanda Brooks: What adjective would you say best describes him?
- Arnold's Secretary Denise: Asshole.
- Amanda Brooks: That could also be a noun.
- Arnold's Secretary Denise: Major asshole.”
“You're so afraid that someone's gonna get something that you never had. It's what makes you mean. And you know something, Dwight? One of these days, all of that meanness is gonna snap back and slap you right in the face.”
“- The Devil: You want to hedge your bet with me? Make eternity a little less hellish.
- Amanda Brooks: What did you have in mind?
- The Devil: Did you see Rosemary's Baby?
- Amanda Brooks: Yeah. What? No, no, I can't! See, I'm expecting my period. I can't. I can't.”
“- Principal Shippy: He violated school property and he flouted the law.
- Caroline Wolff Hansen: Can you say that in English, please?
- Principal Shippy: He wrote obscene words on the wall.”
“- Loretta: She's the prettiest, ya know. Best damn tapper. The most smartest.
- Annette Atkins: Most smartest? Oh, that's great, you're real educated. Most smartest! Get a picture of that, most smartest!
- Loretta: Most smartest.”
“- Anne Osborne: I never did have much luck with sex anyway.
- Remy McSwain: Your luck's about to change, cher.”
- Amanda Brooks: Walt, checkout the headlights on the blonde. How'd you like to play "hide the salami" with that for about a week? Ugh, but not me Walt, you. What, you don't think that's a perfectly legitimate question?
- Walter Stone: Coming from a guy, maybe.
“- Gil Renard: Bobby Rayburn is in for the night of his life.
- Jewel Stern: Why's that, Gil?
- Gil Renard: 'Cause some people are ungrateful, and they should be taught a lesson.”
“- Buckaroo Banzai: You remind me of someone I once knew.
- Penny Priddy: Was she... very beautiful?
- Buckaroo Banzai: She was... Queen of the Netherlands.”
“- Anne Osborne: Why don't you believe that the killers were cops?
- Remy McSwain: Because if they were cops, they would've stayed right here. And when we arrived, we would've found plants, guns, knives, all kinds of evidence that they resisted arrest. That's somethin' every cop in the world knows how to do.”
“- Laurence 'Shrevie' Schreiber: Ok, now ask me what's on the flip side.
- Beth Schreiber: Why?
- Laurence 'Shrevie' Schreiber: Just, just ask me what's on the flip side, ok?
- Beth Schreiber: What is on the flip side?
- Laurence 'Shrevie' Schreiber: Hey, Hey, Hey, 1958. Specialty Records. See? You don't ask me things like that, do you? No! You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Caroline Wolff Hansen: I love you.
- Tobias 'Toby' Wolff: I know that, mom. I've always known that.”