Persuasion quotes75 persuasion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's not your fault you've been brainwashed by America.”
“- Freshman Girl: Will you marry me?
- Don Dawson: I don't know. What's in it for me?
- Freshman Girl: Anything you want?
- Don Dawson: Anything?
- Freshman Girl: Anything.
- Don Dawson: [opening his mouth wide] Go like this. Do you spit or swallow?
- Freshman Girl: Whatever you like.
- Don Dawson: Whatever I like? I would definitely marry you.”
“I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive.”
“- Henry Crawford: There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.
- Fanny Price: Mr. Crawford, do not speak nonsense.
- Henry Crawford: Nonsense?
- Fanny Price: You are such a fine speaker that I'm afraid you may actually end in convincing yourself.”
“We were right Livius. There is no limit with what can be done with a human spirit, for good or evil.”
“- Barley: I'm not the man you thought I was.
- Dante: You do not have to remind me that man is not equal to his rhetoric.”
“That man is so oily, you could fry chicken on his smile.”
“- Reverend Harper: Have you ever tried to persuade him that he wasn't Teddy Roosevelt?
- Martha Brewster: Oh no, he's so happy being Teddy Roosevelt.”
- Hal Griffith: How'd they get you to stay?
- Louanne Johnson: They gave me candy and called me their “light”.
- Hal Griffith: That'll do it.
“Sell yourself first, if you want to sell anything.”
“We have to convince the little housewife out there that the tomato that ate the family pet is not dangerous!”
“- Stu: You're the bearded devil!
- Alan: You liked it! You smiled at me when I held up the bag of marshmallows!
- Stu: Because I like marshmallows, you fucking psycho!!”
“- Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy.
- Anakin Skywalker: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.”
“- Holly: You're fighting the forces of evil that none of us can see without sunglasses.
- Nada: Take a look.
- Holly: If you want me to look through your sunglasses, I'll look through your sunglasses. If I don't see what you see, I'm going to see it anyway.”
“- Jill Taylor: Ben, you should feel the thrill of winning more money than you can possibly imagine. I think you should come to Vegas. 'Cause I'm guessing that you could probably use a break from this place.
- Ben Campbell: I can't. I'm sorry. I just can't.
- Jill Taylor: You're welcome any time. You know, I think the best thing about Vegas is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's the hardest when someone has a notion about you and it's impossible to convince them otherwise.”
“- Son of Sam: How did you get in here? Leave me alone! What do you want?
- Harvey the Black Dog: I want you to go out and kill. Kill.
- Son of Sam: No!
- Harvey the Black Dog: Kill! Kill!!
- Son of Sam: I will kill. I will... I'll do anything you say. I'll do anything you say! Yes, master! I will kill! I will kill!!”
“- Bernie Mermelstein: Don't you think you're kind of over reacting about a dumb letter? There's a lot of nut cases running around shootin' their mouths off.
- Mel Mermelstein: Yes. And sometimes people listen to them.”