Tom Waits quotes
Time is a funny thing. Time is a very peculiar item. You see when you're young, you're a kid, you got time, you got nothing but time. Throw away a couple of years, a couple of years there... it doesn't matter. You know. The older you get you say, "Jesus, how much I got? I got thirty-five summers left". Think about it. Thirty-five summers.
“How high can a bird count anyway?”
“That's a high-temperature fabric adhesive liquid projector, based on simple dry-cleaning technology. You aim that at a guy, and I'll tell you something: his clothes get so tight he can't even breathe.”
“- Francis Phelan: She is a bum, or just a plain drunk?
- Rudy: She's been a bum all her life.
- Francis Phelan: No, nobody... 'been a bum all her life'. She had to be somethin' else before she was a bum.”
“Is this place soundproof, Doc? Because, you know, as you get older, you really appreciate the quiet more, you know?”
“I'm no lunatic man. I'm a sane man fighting for his soul.”
“- Dr. Heller: All these weapons are completely non-lethal.
- The Bowler: Wow. How wonderfully eccentric while simultaneously being a complete waste of our time.”
“- Rudy: What happened?
- Francis Phelan: He fell.
- Rudy: Fell where?
- Francis Phelan: On the floor.
- Rudy: Fell on the floor? I fall on the floor about twice a day. I ain't dead yet.”
“- Doreen Piggot: Slobbering over Honey like that, it was so embarrassing...
- Earl Piggot: I never touched Honey!
- Doreen Piggot: I didn't say you touched her, I said you slobbered on her!”
“- Rudy: You know why people call you a bum? Because it makes them feel better when they say it.
- Francis Phelan: Well, the truth can't hurt you. If you're a bum, you're a bum.”
“Doc says I got cancer. First thing I ever got.”