Winona Ryder quotes
“Kim: Hold me.
Edward: I can't.”
“What's awful about being famous and being an actress and being petite is when people come up to you and touch you. That's scary, and they just seem to think it's okay to do it, like you're public property.”
“- Kim: Stop It! Or I'll kill you myself!
- Jim: Bullshit!
- Jim: [to Edward who is approaching Kim] Hey, I said stay away from her!”
“- Bill: Okay, a little ethics. You are walking down the street. You find a suitcase full of money. There's nobody around. No human person is in evidence. What do you do? A You keep the money. B You use it to buy gifts for your friends and your loved ones. C You give it to the poor. D You turn it into the police.
- Kim: That is really stupid.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jim: [after seeing Edward accidentally cut Kim] Hey! Now you've done it!
- Kim: It was just a scratch Jim, really!
- Peg Boggs: What's going on?
- Jim: Call a doctor, he skewered Kim!
- Kim: He didn't skewer me!
- Jim: [now bullying and shoving Edward] You can't touch anything without destroying it! Who the hell do you think you are hanging...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Kim: Edward, I was so afraid. I thought you were dead.
- Jim: [coming into the screen with a revolver] I didn't.”
“- Kim: Snuggle in, sweetie. It's cold out there.
- Granddaughter: Why is it snowing, Grandma?
- Kim: Oh, that's a long story.
- Granddaughter: I want to hear.
- Kim: Oh, not tonight. Go to sleep.
- Granddaughter: I'm not sleepy. Tell me, please?
- Kim: Well, all right. Let's see...I guess it would have to start with scissors.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I don't even know what hydrogen is.”
Heather told me she teaches people "real life". She said, real life sucks losers dry. You want to fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly. I said: "so, you teach people how to spread their wings and fly?". She said "yes". I said: "you're beautiful".
- Lelaina Pierce: I just don't understand why things just can't go back to normal at the end of the half hour like on the "Brady Bunch" or something.
- Troy Dyer: Well, 'cause Mr. Brady died of AIDS. Things don't turn out like that.
“- Reverend Parris: Why did Goody Proctor discharge you from her service?
- Abigail Williams: Because I refused to be her slave.”
“- Charlane McGregor: Why don't you get a job at the Burgerrama? They'll hire you! My Lord, I saw on the TV, they had this little retarded boy working the register.
- Lelaina Pierce: Because I'm not retarded, Mom. I was the valedictorian of my University!
- Wes McGregor: Well you don't have to put that on your application.”
- Longfellow Deeds: My school nurse was so mean, every time I'd tell her I had a tummy ache, she'd send me back to my class and say: "stop whining".
- Babe Bennett: But that's awful!
- Longfellow Deeds: Well, I said it every day.
“I didn't promise I wouldn't. I said I'd try not to.”
“- Dinky Bossetti: I'm sorry if I embarassed you the other day. I kind of got carried away.
- Gerald Howells: You embarassed yourself.”
“- Will Keane: You think I'm too old for you?
- Charlotte Fielding: Oh, no… I collect antiques, or I aspire to.”
“- Delia: Open this door, you dead people, or we'll bust it down and we'll drag you out by the ropes you hang yourselves with!
- Lydia: Shh! They didn't commit suicide.
- Delia: It doesn't matter. Lydia, I have a chance to teach you something here: you have got to take the upper hand in all situations or people, whether they're dead or alive,...” (continue)(continue reading)