Gena Rowlands quotes
“- Sarah Lawson: Jack, I'm almost not crazy now.
- Jack Lawson: I just don't care.”
“Remember that time in the park? Everything felt so real... but now I know that life is just an imagination, a pure imagination, and childhood dream shot to tears, due to the anxiety of tomorrow.”
“After you play a part, you think of it as your own.”
“I can never have a poker face. Anybody looking at me can tell exactly what I'm thinking.”
“- Georgia King: What on earth was he thinking of?
- Emma Rae: Probably the same thing he was thinking with.”
“- Violet Devereaux: Are you religious at all?
- Caroline Ellis: I try to keep an open mind.”
“You are nothing like him. You will never be like him. Do you know why? Because you have your mother's heart.”
- Paul: Do you remember some years ago when I showed you something I'd written, do you remember what you said?
- Marion: No, I don't remember. I was probably just trying to be truthful.
- Paul: Yes, I'm sure. You said, "This is overblown, it's too emotional, it's maudlin. Your dreams may be meaningful to you, but to the objective observer, it's... (continue)(continue reading)
“You think too much about the time you have left. You don't spend it living.”
“- Marion: Why have you stopped sleeping with me?
- Ken: We are simply going through a less active period, that's all. Its not uncommon.
- Marion: Why? I just want to know why?
- Ken: Why don't we just go to bed.
- Marion: There was a time that we were dying to be together.
- Ken: Marion, you're still the most desirable woman that I know.”
“Love is a stream, it's continuous, it doesn't stop.”
“- Marion: But you want nothing around to even remind you of mother?
- Marion's Father: Well, there are times when even an historian shouldn't look at the past.
- Laura: Do you think at your age you can find someone and fall in love again?
- Marion's Father: One hopes at my age to build up an immunity.”
- Violet Devereaux: I bet they don't have gardens like this is New Jersey.
- Caroline Ellis: Actually, it's "The Garden State".
“- Sarah Goode: Just please tell me what this play doesn't express.
- Myrtle Gordon: Hope.”
“Look at me. My life has no meaning or direction, and I'm happy.”