Gena Rowlands quotes
“- Sarah Lawson: Jack, I'm almost not crazy now.
- Jack Lawson: I just don't care.”
“You think too much about the time you have left. You don't spend it living.”
“I wondered if a memory is something you have or something you've lost.”
“Remember that time in the park? Everything felt so real... but now I know that life is just an imagination, a pure imagination, and childhood dream shot to tears, due to the anxiety of tomorrow.”
“After you play a part, you think of it as your own.”
“I can never have a poker face. Anybody looking at me can tell exactly what I'm thinking.”
“- Georgia King: What on earth was he thinking of?
- Emma Rae: Probably the same thing he was thinking with.”
“- Violet Devereaux: Are you religious at all?
- Caroline Ellis: I try to keep an open mind.”
“You are nothing like him. You will never be like him. Do you know why? Because you have your mother's heart.”
- Paul: Do you remember some years ago when I showed you something I'd written, do you remember what you said?
- Marion: No, I don't remember. I was probably just trying to be truthful.
- Paul: Yes, I'm sure. You said, "This is overblown, it's too emotional, it's maudlin. Your dreams may be meaningful to you, but to the objective observer, it's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marion: Why have you stopped sleeping with me?
- Ken: We are simply going through a less active period, that's all. Its not uncommon.
- Marion: Why? I just want to know why?
- Ken: Why don't we just go to bed.
- Marion: There was a time that we were dying to be together.
- Ken: Marion, you're still the most desirable woman that I know.”
“Love is a stream, it's continuous, it doesn't stop.”
“- Marion: But you want nothing around to even remind you of mother?
- Marion's Father: Well, there are times when even an historian shouldn't look at the past.
- Laura: Do you think at your age you can find someone and fall in love again?
- Marion's Father: One hopes at my age to build up an immunity.”
- Violet Devereaux: I bet they don't have gardens like this is New Jersey.
- Caroline Ellis: Actually, it's "The Garden State".
“- Sarah Goode: Just please tell me what this play doesn't express.
- Myrtle Gordon: Hope.”