Planets quotes62 planets quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Jenny Hayden: What's it like up there?
- Starman: It is beautiful. Not like this, but it is beautiful. There is only one language, one law, one people. There is no war, no hunger. The strong do not victimize the helpless. We are very civilized, but we have lost something, I think. You are all so much alive, all so different. I will miss the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second of every day.”
“- Exeter: They're concentrating all their attention on Metaluna. Those flashes of light - they're meteors. Hundreds of them! The intense heat is turning Metaluna into a radioactive sun. The temperature must be thousands of degrees by now.
- Crow T. Robot: Cooler by the lake.
- Exeter: A lifeless planet. And yet...
- Tom Servo: Rents are reasonable!”
“I would still like to go to the moon before I die.”
“It is clear that we are just an advanced breed of primates on a minor planet orbiting around a very average star, in the outer suburb of one among a hundred billion galaxies. BUT, ever since the dawn of civilization people have craved for an understanding of the underlying order of the world. There ought to be something very special about the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The Blue Whale is the biggest creature on the planet, bigger than any dinosaur ever. Just like dinosaurs, they're going extinct.”
“The whole world is singing, clicking, grinding, whistling, and thumping... but we've stopped listening.”
“In our galaxy alone, there are billions of stars, each one a sun to its own solar system. And most of those suns have planets, so it stands to reason that of these hundreds of billions of exoplanets that exist in our galaxy, at least one of them has the potential to support life.”
“- Night Clerk: Well, what about on Jupiter?
- Bellboy: At the time of his death, if he were on Jupiter, Elvis would've weighed six-hundred and forty-eight pounds.
- Night Clerk: Six-hundred and forty-eight. Damn.”
“- Jack: Are we in another planet?
- Ma: Same one. Just a different spot.”
“We built a system of satellites to stop natural disasters and someone is using it to create them.”
“- Gamora: You own a planet and can destroy two dozen spaceships without a suit. What are you exactly?
- Ego: I'm what's called a Celestial, sweetheart.”
“- Maj. Don West: What about you, Doc? Is there some lucky little nerd you left behind?
- Dr. Judy Robinson: I've spent the last three years training for this mission. I'm trying to save the planet. I haven't had time for fun.
- Maj. Don West: If there's no time for fun, Doc, then what are we saving the planet for?”
“Born on Krypton and raised on Earth, you had the best of both and were meant to be the bridge between two worlds.”
“- Yago: Malmori: This is Akir, a planet of stone with a single green spot.
- Sador: Let's see it. What about their forms?
- Yago: Malmori: Comparable with ours. They have a solar technology. No known defense capacity.
- Sador: Interesting. Let's check that.”
“They say once you grow crops somewhere, you have officially colonized it. So, technically, I colonized Mars. In your face, Neil Armstrong!”
“This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.”
“- Doyle: We have a mission.
- Cooper: Yeah, and our mission is to find a planet that can habitate the people living on Earth right now. Okay? Plan A does not work if the people on Earth are dead by the time we pull it off.”