“The Osterman Weekend” quotes(1983)
Plot – CIA agent Lawrence Fassett asks John Tanner, a famous television interviewer, to collaborate with him. They have to unmask a Russian organization as some of Tanner's friends are its members and John is waiting for them to spend together a weekend. He has to act like an intermediary to convince one of them to change his side.
All actors – Rutger Hauer, John Hurt, Craig T. Nelson, Dennis Hopper, Chris Sarandon, Meg Foster, Helen Shaver, Cassie Yates, Sandy McPeak, Christopher Starr, Burt Lancaster, Cheryl Cartershow all
“The Osterman Weekend” Quotes 7 quotes
“I know Maxwell Danforth very well; he killed my wife. Not with his bare hands, of course. The Danforths of the world don't murder that way. They use words like terminate, exterminate.”
“The truth is just a lie that hasn't been found out.”
“- Fassett's Wife: You will be showing me how to live.
- Lawrence Fassett: How do you know so much?
- Fassett's Wife: I don't know so much. But I know you will be leaving me.”
“What you've just witnessed is, in many ways, a life-sized video game. You saw a liar talk to a killer and you couldn't tell them apart. But hey, it's only television. As you may know, television programs are just the filler between attempts to steal your money. So if you want to save some, turn me off. It's a simple movement, done with the hand...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Motorcycle Cop: I like your stuff, Mister Osterman. Only sometimes I think you tend to be a little strident, ya know.
- Bernard Osterman: Strident? Are you giving me a ticket for strident writing, are you? That means the death penalty for Beverly Hills parking violations is coming back too?
- Motorcycle Cop: Have a nice day.
- Bernard Osterman...” (continue)(continue reading)