London quotes36 london quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“If you want to stay in London, be tough... be tough! Live the life. But don't do it because you're looking for someone. Do it because you're looking for yourself.”
“To me, the difference between New York and London is that things are boring and staid in London.”
“She had this terrible disadvantage when she started out. She was quite the most beautiful actress in London.”
“There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it and its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit. It goes by the name of London. At the top of the hole sit a privileged few, making mock of the vermin of the lower zoo. Turning beauty into filth and greed.”
“Our country's not an island any more. This is the decade in which London will become Europe's capital, having cleared away the out-dated. We've got mile after mile or acre after acre of land for our future prosperity. No other city in the world has got, right at its centre, such an opportunity for profitable progress.”
“- Walt Disney: We can't make the picture without the color red. The film is set in London, for Pete's sake!
- P.L. Travers: And?
- Walt Disney: Well, there's buses and mailboxes and guard's uniforms and things - Heck, the English flag!
- P.L. Travers: I understand your predicament, Mr. Disney. I do. It's just - I don't know what it is, I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
Look at that. All night long, people have been treating us like royalty. In London, the journalist's motto is, "Everybody hates us, and we don't care".
“- Hudson Junior: Where will you go?
- Rosie: My nana has kindly invited me to London town to stay with her and be a prostitute.
- Hudson Junior: You are indeed fortunate to have such an understanding family.
- Rosie: If you're ever passin', do pop in. Like her and me mam and me sister, I hope to bear many illegitimate children into abject poverty.”
“In London, nobody comments on what you wear.”
“I live in London and I love living in a gun free environment and long may it continue.”
“London keeps me grounded.”
“I don't think I'd live in London unless you paid me.”
“- Mybug: We met in London.
- Amos Starkadder: Aye, the Devil's city. The stinking pit of whoredom.”
“- Lew Vogel: We had some weekender thieves break into the vault and robbed it. So if your box is in the one hundred to four hundred numbers, I'm afraid all your stuff will be gone. Mine too, unhappily.
- Michael X: What? How can this happen in London?
- Lew Vogel: I promise you it has happened, and I promise you these thieves will be found and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Governor Weatherby Swann: I'm told it's the latest fashion in London.
- Elizabeth Swann: Well, women in London must have learned not to breathe.”
“- Hinh: I thought you liked London.
- Thomas Fowler: I do. But I like London fine where it is, I don't want to bloody go there.”
“We're doing a picture in London right now and everyone is just freaking out.”
“I live in London, a gorgeous, vibrant, historic city that I happen to love living in. You live in New York, which is highly overrated... but since the AtlanticOcean is a bit wide to cross every day, swimming, boating or flying, I suggest we flip for it... and if those terms are unacceptable, leaving London will be a pleasure, as long as you're...” (continue)(continue reading)