“Big Business” quotes(1988)
Plot – At 'Jupiter Hollow' hospital two baby girls have received the same name and are exchanged in the cradle by a clumsy nurse. They belong to two sets of twins, one born in the wealthy Shelton family and the other one belongs to the Ratliff's, a family of farmers. Later on, the Shelton sisters live in New York and one of them is an idealist, while the other girl runs the family's finance company. On the other hand, the Ratliff sisters are managers of their own furniture factory. The four girls will meet in New York City to prevent Shelton company to close Ratliff's factory. The girls exchange their roles again, with numerous misunderstandings in which their partners will get involved too.
All actors – Bette Midler, Lily Tomlin, Fred Ward, Edward Herrmann, Michele Placido, Daniel Gerroll, Barry Primus, Michael Gross, Deborah Rush, Nicolas Coster, Patricia Gaul, J.C. Quinnshow all
“Big Business” Quotes 9 quotes
“I don't see how is it that you, my own sister, can stuff your face and nothing happens, and I subsist on 60 calories a day or else blow up like a Macy's Day float!”
“Oh my God, how did I get so fat? I look like a walleyed salmon! What did he use? A wide angle lens?”
“I hate men who smell like beer and bean dip... and makin' love in the back of recreational vehicles!”
“- Sadie Ratliff: Isn't it exciting?
- Rose Ratliff: Oh yeah, the noise, the smog, the crowds, the muggers, sex fiends, white slavers, politicians, it's a pistol. I got about as much use for it as a toad has for spit curls!”
- Rose Ratliff: Look, a sink in the living room.
- Sadie Ratliff: That's what the French call a “bidet”.
- Rose Ratliff: The French must be taller than me.
“- Judy: [assuming she is speaking to Rose Shelton] Hi, Rose, how's Duke doing?
- Rose Ratliff: Duke! My dog? Boy, when you go snoopin' into people's lives you don't miss a trick do you?”
“- Dr. Parker: [about to give Binky Shelton a shot] Don't worry, it will only take one little prick.
- Binky Shelton: That's what got me into this trouble in the first place!”