Fred Ward quotes
“- Col. Cal Rhodes: For years I couldn't sleep after Korea. My nightmares all had to do with the Chosin Reservoir. The ground there was so frozen, we couldn't bury our dead. We had to pile 'em on trucks and lash them up against the tanks. For years I'd wake up with those dead, frozen faces staring at me.
- Wilkes: Did it ever go away?
- Col. Cal...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You come in low under his line of sight. You leap... taking him down, placing your hand over his nose, pulling his face away from your knife hand. At the base of his skull at the right of his spine - what the Chinese call the wind gate - you insert, scramble the brains... what you have is instant rag doll.”
“- Reece: Like steel pussies.
- Cribbs: What kind of women you been hanging around with?”
You're floatin' in a big sea of shit and instead of just stayin' in the boat, no, you reach out and you pick up this one little turd and you say "This turd, well this turd pisses me off. I'm gonna do somethin' about this turd!".
“- Rocco: Any last words before I throw you off?
- Jane Spencer: Yes. Don't do it.”
“The dead can return given sufficent motivation.”
“You know, you might come in useful. While they are eating you it will give me a chance to get away.”
“As an actor, it's fun to play guys who aren't just locked into a male pattern.”
“I see people and want to wear their clothes and drive in their cars for a while. That's probably one reason I became an actor.”
“- Chiun: I was singing an old Korean love song.
- Remo Williams: It's a wonder the race isn't extinct.”
“- Earl Bassett: No breakfast?
- Valentine McKee: I did it yesterday. It was baloney and beans.
- Earl Bassett: No, it was eggs. I made eggs. Over easy.
- Valentine McKee: Well, I guess when I'm your age, I'll forget what I eat, too.”
“- Earl Bassett: Must be sick.
- Grady: Probably ate someone that didn't agree with it.”
“Blind loyalty is not loyalty.”
“- Clarence Anglin: Thought we'd pay you a visit.
- Frank Morris: Gonna stay long?
- John Anglin: Not long. Only about fifteen or twenty years.”
“- Earl Bassett: Oh man, this stuff tastes like toilet paper.
- Grady: Earl, that is the toilet paper.”
“- Lou Fimple: One more thing, lover boy...
- Deborah Anne Fimple: Oh, God.
- Lou Fimple: Get her pregnant, I'll blow your dick off.”
“- Earl Bassett: Hey, Rhonda you ever seen anything like this before?
- Valentine McKee: Oh, sure Earl. Everyone knows about them we just didn't tell you.”
“- Mayor Kate Hennings: [smacks a mosquito] One down, a six million to go.
- Earl Smooter: Careful, you just killed the state bird of Alabama!”