New york quotes169 new york quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'd love to do something on Broadway. I'd love to spend some time in New York.”
- From the movie: A Rainy Day in New York
- From the movie: The Avengers
“Superheroes? In New York? Give me a break!”
- From the movie: The Brother from Another Planet
“I'd rather be a cockroach on a baseboard up here than the Emperor of Mississippi.”
- From the movie: Gremlins 2: The New Batch
“None of us has been in New York before. There are the Broadway shows - we'll have to find out how to get tickets. There's also a lot of street crime, but I believe we can watch that for free. We want the essentials. Dinettes. Complete bedroom groups. Convenient credit, even though we've been turned down in the past.”
- From the movie: Gangs of New York
“My father told me we was all born of blood and tribulation, and so then too was our great city. But for those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city up again... for the rest of time... it would be like no one ever knew we was even here.”
- From the movie: Serendipity
“- Sara Thomas: Favorite New York moment?
- Jonathan Trager: This one's climbing the charts.”
- From the movie: Serendipity
- From the movie: Elf
There are thirty Ray's Pizzas. They all claim to be the original. But the real one's on 11th. And if you see a sign that says "Peep Show", that doesn't mean that they're letting you look at presents before Christmas.
- From the movie: A Chorus Line
“- Zach: Tell me about the Bronx.
- Diana Morales: What's to tell about the Bronx? It's uptown and to the right.”
- From the TV Series: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
“We’ve busted murderers; we’ve taken down cartels. But today we face the worst New York has to offer: the fire department.”
- From the TV Series: Gossip Girl
“Gossip Girl Here, Your One And Only Source Into The Scandalous Lives Of Manhattan's Elite.”
“To me, the difference between New York and London is that things are boring and staid in London.”
- From the movie: The Lady from Shanghai
“New York is not as big a city as it pretends to be.”
- From the movie: Hustlers
“This city, this whole country, is a strip club. You've got people tossing the money, and people doing the dance.”
“In Hollywood, actors learn to act from watchingtelevision. In New York people learn to act by walking down the street.”
- From the movie: Can't Stop the Music
“- Benny Murray: Nice ta meetcha' Miss Edwards...
- Samantha: Simpson.
- Benny Murray: Right. I've seen ya plastered all over New York, ya know?
- Samantha: Well, don't spread it around.”
- From the movie: Spring Break
- From the movie: You've Got Mail
“Don't you just love New York in the fall?”
“I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, 'There's no place like New York. It's the most exciting city in the world now. That's the way it is. That's it.”
“One can live a simple life in Hollywood, despite reports to the contrary. You can be out in the open. You can ride horseback and even go swimming in the winter. New York has its decided advantages - plays, operas, art exhibits, auctions - and I would not want to stay away from it too long. But frankly, I would rather work in Hollywood.”
- From the movie: The Electric Horseman
“- Man: Hallie, Hallie Martin! We met in New York, remember?
- Hallie: Did we like each other?”
- From the movie: Night of the Fox
“- Hugh Kelso: Am I in France?
- Hélène de Ville: No, you're in Jersey.
- Hugh Kelso: Great! Where's the Boardwalk?”
- From the animation: Madagascar
“You know, by the time we get back to New York, it'll be the middle of winter. So I was thinking, why rush? Maybe we could make a few sidestops along the way.”