France quotes74 france quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I like Paris, but I’m not really sure Paris likes me.”
- From the movie: French Postcards
“- Toni: You know, I don't understand anything you are saying.
- Joel: Don't you speak French?
- Toni: Not your French.”
- From the movie: Stand by Me
“- Chris: How do you know if a Frenchman has been in your backyard?
- Teddy: Hey, I'm French, okay?
- Chris: Your garbage cans are empty and your dog's pregnant.
- Teddy: Didn't I just say I was French?”
- From the movie: Rush Hour 3
“Did you know that the average French woman is naked 34 percent of the time?”
- From the movie: Vertical Limit
“Don't mind her. She's French-Canadian. Some days she's Canadian. Can be quite pleasant. Today she's obviously French.”
- From the movie: French Kiss
“- Kate: Did you know that there are four hundred and fifty-two official government cheeses in this country? Don't you think that's incredible? To come up with four hundred and fifty-two ways of classifying what is basically a bacterial process?
- Luc Teyssier: You would prefer one cheese? One cheeseburger to put it on and one restaurant to eat...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In a way, watching the French do anything is a little more fun because their gestures are different. And in that way, they make everything interesting.”
- From the movie: The Last of the Mohicans
“The French haven't the nature for war. Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight.”
- From the TV Series: 2 Broke Girls
“I know they're smart because they're the first people to order the Croque Monsieur as Croque Monsieur and not Crock Monster.”
- From the movie: Sing Street
Conor-What about "La Vie"?
Darren-What's that mean?
Conor-It's French for "The Life."
Garry-What's French for, uh, "That's not gonna be the name of the band"?
Conor-"Ce n'est pas le nom du groupe."
Garry-There you go.
- From the movie: Big Hero 6
“Fred-Ah, welcome to mi casa! It's French for 'front door'.
Honey Lemon-It's really... not.”
“Paris seems like a big city, but it’s really just a small town.”
“A little 'bonjour' goes a long way.”
“I’d bone appétit him.”
“Chinese people are mean behind your back. French people, mean to your face.”
“The entire city looks like Ratatouille.”
- From the movie: The Lady from Shanghai
“- Mrs. Elsa 'Rosalie' Bannister: I was taught to think about love in Chinese.
- Michael O'Hara: The way a Frenchman thinks about laughter in French?
- Mrs. Elsa 'Rosalie' Bannister: The Chinese say, it is difficult for love to last long; therefore, one who loves passionately is cured of love - in the end.
- Michael O'Hara: Well, that's a hard...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Hiroshima Mon Amour
- From the movie: Overlord
- From the movie: Passage to Marseille
“I wish I was in France killing pigs of Germans instead of mosquitos.”
- From the movie: Stevie
- From the movie: If Looks Could Kill
- Haywood: Is that a threat, Mrs. Grober?
- Patricia Grober: French teachers do not threaten, Monsieur. They say "S'il vous plait".
“The French are true romantics. They feel the only difference between a man of forty and one of seventy is thirty years of experience.”
- From the movie: History of the World, Part I
“- Rat Vendor - The French Revolution: Rats, rats for sale. Get your rats. Good for rat stew, rat soup, rat pies, or the ever-popular ratatouille.
- Nothing Vendor - The French Revolution: Nothing, I have absolutely nothing for sale!”
- From the movie: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies