“Boys Don't Cry” quotes(1999)
Plot – Brandon Teena is 21 and is living a great inner confusion. He lives in Lincoln, Nebraska, and decides to move in order to start from scratch. Brandon arrives to Falls City, a hundred kilometers away and meets Lana, John and Tom. Brandon and Lana become friends, then he kisses her passionately. Brandon cannot any longer evade the questions about himself and his origins. He reveals Lana his real name is Teena Brandon, actually a girl who feels like a boy. Teena is raped in prison and when she comes out, she asks Lena to escape to Lincoln together. John and Tom brutally hit and kill Teena. In the end Brandon's voice-over reads a letter to Lana, explaining their difficult relationship.
All actors – Hilary Swank, Chloë Sevigny, Peter Sarsgaard, Brendan Sexton III, Alicia Goranson, Alison Folland, Jeannetta Arnette, Rob Campbell, Matt McGrath, Cheyenne Rushing, Robert Prentiss, Josh Ridgwayshow all
“Boys Don't Cry” Quotes 10 quotes
“Dear Lana, by the time you read this I'll be back home in Lincoln. I'm scared of what's ahead, but when I think of you I know I'll be able to go on. You were right. Memphis isn't far at all. I'll be making a trip out on the highway before too long. I'll be waiting for ya. Love always and forever, Brandon.”
“- Sheriff: Why do you go hanging out with guys, you being a girl yourself? Why do you go around kissing every girl?
- Brandon: I... don't see what this has to do with what had happened.
- Sheriff: I'm asking you all these so that when I speak to the jury, they're going to want some answers, so I have to know exactly what is going on. Now, are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Brandon: Lana, you are one cranky girl.
- Lana: Yeah, well, you'd be cranky, too, Mister I'm Going To Memphis Graceland Tennessee, if you were stuck in a town where there's nothing to do but go bumper skiing and chase bats every night of your evil fucking life.”
“- Brandon: I'm going to ask her to marry me.
- Lonny: Before or after your sex-change operation? Before or after you tell her you're a girl?
- Brandon: Shut up!”
“- Brandon: I really fucked up. I borrowed one of Candace's checks, then I got that speeding ticket, and this fake I.D. I guess, I just need to learn to stay home, huh?
- Lana's Mom: Brandon, I invite you into my home and you expose my daughter to your sickness. D'ever think about Lana in all this?
- Brandon: That's all I've been thinking about.”
“- Nicole: You don't seem like you're from around here.
- Brandon: Where... where do I seem like I'm from?
- Nicole: Someplace... beautiful.”
“I don't care if you're half monkey or half ape, I'm gettin' you out of here.”
“- Lana: What were you like... before all this? Were you like me, like a... girl girl?
- Brandon: Yeah, like a long time ago... but then I guess I was just like a boy girl, then I was just a jerk.”