Peter Sarsgaard quotes
“How do civilized human beings participate in destructive, inhumane acts? How was genocide implemented so systematically, so efficiently? And how did the perpetrators of these murders live with themselves?”
“Human nature can be studied but not escaped, especially your own.”
“- Gloria: You know what could've prevented all this, don't you?
- Charles 'Chuck' Lane: No, what?
- Gloria: Pictures. How could you make up characters if everyone you wrote about had to be photographed?”
“The experiment taught me something about the plasticity of human nature. Not the evil, not the aggressiveness but a certain kind of malleability.”
“What do you want me to do first, Hmm? Plan the funeral or pack the furniture?”
“- Alan Troy: What's up with the make-up? I thought Texans were tough.
- Chris Kruger: I burn easily so fucking sue me.”
“We are double in ourselves. What we believe we disbelieve, and we can not rid ourselves of what we condemn.”
“If God didn't want them to be sheared, he wouldn't have made them sheep.”
“Do you ever feel invincible in one moment and then worthless the next?”
“Common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities.”
“- Whitey Bulger: Do you know what I do to rats?
- Brian Halloran: I had no choice.
- Whitey Bulger: You always had a choice. You just happen to make the wrong one.”
“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
“Why is defiance the anomaly instead of the norm?”
- Danny Patker: How do you know you're doing the right thing?
- Jimmy the Finn: People around you are happy. They say thank you and stuff. Just go with the flow... you know?".
“There's no relation between how sexy a girl looks and her sex life. The ugly ones seem to get all the action.”