Plot – Sam "Ace" Rothstein has moved too quickly in the ranks of the Mafia because of his incredible intuition. In 1973 he’s at the head of four casinos in Las Vegas, completely legal if it wasn’t for the part of income that regularly goes into the "godfathers" pockets, not talking about the fact that Ace doesn't have the license for the activity. Business is going very well and Sam now rules an empire, but he makes two mistakes. First, he decide to marry Ginger, a beautiful unscrupulous player addicted to alcohol, drugs and in love with another man. Secondly, he allows his old friend Nicky, an hysterical killer, to operate in the casino. The dangerous triangle brings to self-destruction.
All actors – Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone, Joe Pesci, James Woods, Don Rickles, Alan King, Kevin Pollak, L.Q. Jones, Dick Smothers, Frank Vincent, John Bloom, Pasquale Cajano, Melissa Prophet, Bill Allison, Vinny Vella, Philip Suriano, Erika von Tagen, Frankie Avalon, Steve Allen, Jayne Meadows, Jerry Vale, Joseph Rigano, Catherine Scorsese, Oscar Goodman, Gene Ruffini, Dominick Grieco, Richard Amalfitano, Richard F. Strafella, Casper Molee, David Leavitt, Peter Conti, Cathy Scorsese, Steve Vignari, Rick Crachy, Larry E. Nadler, Paul Herman, Salvatore Petrillo, Joey DePinto, Heidi Keller, Millicent Sheridan, Nobu Matsuhisa, Toru Nagai, Charlene Hunter, Dom Angelo, Joe Molinaro, Ali Pirouzkar, Frankie J. Allison, Jeff Scott Anderson, Jennifer M. Abbott, Frank Washko Jr., Christian A. Azzinaro, Robert C. Tetzlaff, Anthony Russell, Carol Wilson, Joe Lacoco, John Manca, Ronald Maccone, Buck Stephens, Joseph P. Reidy, Joe La Due, Fred Smith, Sonny D'Angelo, Greg Anderson, Stuart Nisbet, Tommy DeVito, Frank Adonis, Joseph Bono, Craig Vincent, Daniel P. Conte, Paul Dottore, Richard T. Smith, David Rose, Jonathan Kraft, Michael McKensie Pratt, Patti James, Ruth Gillis, Carol Cardwell, Dean Casper, Nan Brennan, Karyn Amalfitano, C.C. Carr, David Varriale, Darla House, Carol Krolick, Frank Regich, Herb Schwartz, Max Raven, Clem Caserta, Jed Mills, Janet Denti, Cameron Milzer, Leain Vashon, Jim Morgan Williams, Brian Le Baron, Mortiki Yerushalmi, Mufid M. Khoury, Khosrow Abrishami, Richard Riehle, Mike Maines, Bobby Hitt, Shellee Renee, Alfred Nittoli, Carl Ciarfalio, Jack Orend, Linda Perri, Ffolliott Le Coque, J. Charles Thompson, Michael Paskevich, Mike Weatherford, Eric Randall, Gwen Castaldi, Brian Reddy, Roy Conrad, Mike Bradley, Dave Courvoisier, George Comando, Andy Jarrell, Robert B. Sidell, Tyde Kierney, Paige Novodor, Claudia Haro, Sasha Semenoff, Gil Dova, George W. Allf, Madeline Parquette, Nick Mazzola, Jed L. Hansen, Gino Bertin, Mitch Kolpan, Csaba Maczala, Peter Sugden, Rudy Guerrero, Randy Sutton, Jeff Corbin, Sly Smith, Joe Anastasi, F. Marcus Casper, Jeffery Azzinaro, Richard Wagner, Carrie Cipollini, Loren Stevens, Gary C. Rainey, David Arcerio, Haven Earle Haley, Sam Wilson, Michael Toney, , Jeff Burbank, Phillip V. Caruso, Earl Chaney, Frank Cullotta, Billy Gilbride, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, Andrea Kelly, Walter Ludwig, Bobbie Paulson, Bob Pepper, Steve Schirripa, Charles Scorsese, Constance Tillotson, Dick Warlockshow all
“Casino” Quotes 30 quotes
“Now you're insulting my intelligence; what you think I am, a fuckin' idiot? You know goddamn well that someone had to get into those machines and set those fuckin' reels. The probability of one four-reel machine is a million and a half to one; the probability of three machines in a row; it's in the billions! It cannot happen, would not happen,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It should have been perfect. I mean he had me, Nicky Santoro, his best friend watching his ass. And he had Ginger, the woman he loved on his arm. But in the end, we fucked it all up. It should have been so sweet, too. But it turned out to be the last time that street guys like us were ever given anything that fuckin' valuable again.”
“I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning I'll get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and, uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your fuckin' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In Vegas, everybody's gotta watch everybody else. Since the players are looking to beat the casino, the dealers are watching the players. The box men are watching the dealers. The floor men are watching the box men. The pit bosses are watching the floor men. The shift bosses are watching the pit bosses. The casino manager is watching the shift...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The little guy. He wouldn't be fucking the Jew's wife, would he?”
“After the Teamsters got knocked out of the box, the corporations tore down practically every one of the old casinos. And where did the money come from to rebuild the pyramids? Junk bonds. But in the end, I wound up right back where I started. I could still pick winners, and I could still make money for all kinds of people back home. And why mess...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: Three fuckin' jackpots in 20 minutes? Why didn't you pull the machines? Why didn't you call me?
- Don Ward: Well, it happened so quick, 3 guys won; I didn't have a chance...
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: You didn't see the scam? You didn't see what was going on?
- Don Ward: Well, there's no way to determine that...
- Sam "Ace"... (continue)(continue reading)
“Before I ever ran a casino or got myself blown up, Ace Rothstein was a hell of a handicapper, I can tell you that. I was so good that when I bet, I can change the odds for every bookmaker in the country. I'm serious. I had it down so cold that I was given paradise on earth. I was given one of the biggest casinos in Las Vegas to run: The Tangiers...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle.”
“If a guy fucking tripped over a banana peel, they'd bring me in for it.”
- Senator: You were wandering around. You were in the... you were in the building.
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: I was in the building? You know damn well I was at that dinner, and you swore to me I would have a fair hearing. Did you not? Did you not? Well, tell me I was at least at the dinner. Allow me that much. Give me that much at least!
- Senator:... (continue)(continue reading)
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: You know, I don't know if I could do this even if I wanted to. The Gaming Commission would never give me a license. I have at least two dozen gambling and bookmaking pinches on me.
- Andy Stone: You don't have to have a license to work in a casino. All you gotta do is apply for one. The state law says you can work in a... (continue)(continue reading)
“There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.”
“In the casino, the cardinal rule is to keep them playing and to keep them coming back. The longer they play, the more they lose, and in the end, we get it all.”
“- Vinny Forlano: He won't talk. Stone is a good kid. Stand-up guy, just like his old man. That's the way I see it.
- Vincent Borelli: I agree. He's solid. A fuckin' Marine.
- Americo Capelli: He's okay. He always was. Remo, what do you think?
- Remo Gaggi: Look... why take a chance? At least, that's the way I feel about it.”
“The town will never be the same. After the Tangiers, the big corporations took it all over. Today it looks like Disneyland. And while the kids play cardboard pirates, Mommy and Daddy drop the house payments and Junior's collegemoney on the poker slots. In the old days, dealers knew your name, what you drank, what you played. Today, it's like...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: I'm firing you. No, I'm not firing, I'm firing you, ya...
- Don Ward: You might regret this, Mr. Rothstein.
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: I'll regret it even more if I keep you on.
- Don Ward: This is not the way to treat people.
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: Listen, if you didn't know you were being scammed you're too fuckin' dumb to... (continue)(continue reading)
“This guy could fuck up a cup of coffee.”
“When you love someone, you've gotta trust them. There's no other way. You've got to give them the key to everything that's yours. Otherwise, what's the point? And for a while, I believed, that's the kind of love I had.”
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: So you're a righty?
- Signaller: Yeah.
- Sam "Ace" Rothstein: Now you're gonna have to learn with your left hand.