Hilary Swank quotes
“Life would be a whole lot better if they were all dead. That's how a holocaust happens.
And that's what you all think of each other.”
“- Julie Pierce: I wish I had courage like you.
- Miyagi: I wish I had chocolate bar with almonds.”
“I saw a picture just like this once, in a museum. Only it wasn't a black man, it was a jewish man. And instead of the big lips he had a really big nose, like a rat's nose. But he wasn't just one particular jewish man. This was a drawing of all jews. And these drawings were put in the newspapers by the most famous gang in history. You think you...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Holly: Oh, never mind. I'm just screwed up. I'm trouble... yeah.
- William: I like trouble.
- Holly: Oh no, I don't mean "cool Pulp Fiction" trouble. I mean "mental case wacko" trouble.
“Dear Lana, by the time you read this I'll be back home in Lincoln. I'm scared of what's ahead, but when I think of you I know I'll be able to go on. You were right. Memphis isn't far at all. I'll be making a trip out on the highway before too long. I'll be waiting for ya. Love always and forever, Brandon.”
“Jews and blacks were more like animals. And because they were just like animals it didn't matter if they lived or died.”
“- Sheriff: Why do you go hanging out with guys, you being a girl yourself? Why do you go around kissing every girl?
- Brandon: I... don't see what this has to do with what had happened.
- Sheriff: I'm asking you all these so that when I speak to the jury, they're going to want some answers, so I have to know exactly what is going on. Now, are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We have absolutely no idea what we want.”
“They started out poor and angry and everybody looked down on them. Until one man decided to give them some pride, an identity... and somebody to blame. You take over neighborhoods? That's nothing compared to them. They took over countries. You want to know how? They just wiped out everybody else.”
“- Brandon: Lana, you are one cranky girl.
- Lana: Yeah, well, you'd be cranky, too, Mister I'm Going To Memphis Graceland Tennessee, if you were stuck in a town where there's nothing to do but go bumper skiing and chase bats every night of your evil fucking life.”
“Elizabeth and I made love once. I just did it to see what it would be like with someone who looked like me.”
“- Holly: Maybe we can defy God and go see a Yankees game.
- Daniel: Yeah, we'll be really weird friends joined by self-pity, bitterness and vomit.”
“- Brandon: I'm going to ask her to marry me.
- Lonny: Before or after your sex-change operation? Before or after you tell her you're a girl?
- Brandon: Shut up!”
“- Brandon: I really fucked up. I borrowed one of Candace's checks, then I got that speeding ticket, and this fake I.D. I guess, I just need to learn to stay home, huh?
- Lana's Mom: Brandon, I invite you into my home and you expose my daughter to your sickness. D'ever think about Lana in all this?
- Brandon: That's all I've been thinking about.”
“I'm so angry I could kill somebody. I'm alone, and it doesn't matter what job I have or what I do or what I don't do or what friends I have, he's not here. I mean, you're alone, no matter what.”
“- Erin Gruwell: I love you.
- Steve Gruwell: You love the idea of me.”
“- Holly: I left without saying anything. He must think I'm an idiot.
- Denise: Well, you're an American. They expect us to be idiots.”
“- Nicole: You don't seem like you're from around here.
- Brandon: Where... where do I seem like I'm from?
- Nicole: Someplace... beautiful.”